Paths Less Travelled Volume 2: Secret of Evermore

@Dj Mokram. No tomatoes necessary.  Situational awareness is never a bad thing.  

Not all of us follow gaming news at all (or honestly even play games all that often anymore).   It's good that you said something and that the project leadership made a point informing everyone so we could each make our own decisions.

As for me, I've already expressed my thoughts to Trism at length, but I'll summarize them here.

I think albums like this are a gift for fans honoring the childhood memories they have of playing these games.  I don't think the actions, alleged or proven, of one person should be allowed to steal the joy that comes with those memories.   They may be his compositions, but they mean far more than that to thousands of people. 

I'm happy to finish my arrangement as a tribute to the fans of Secret if Evermore.

So I guess it's time for an update, huh?

The majority of people have gotten back to me regarding my statement and the majority of those people have decided to stay on, so the project will continue as is. I won't be actively recruiting anyone else, but will accept anyone who wishes to join. As such this album will likely be a single 'disc' affair rather than a double, but at this point I'm just looking to get it finished and out the door, so to speak.

A few people asked that I make it abundantly, 100% clear that anyone who is participating in this project does not support or condone the actions of Jeremy Soule, alleged or otherwise, and that the content is a celebration of the Secret of Evermore soundtrack as an art-form and nothing else.

In happier news, we've got our first finished track! @about:blank has finished his Fire Eyes remix which has now been passed over to @Chimpazilla for mastering. Massive thanks for getting that finished so quickly, Chris :)

So, in closing, things are little bit sombre here at PLT HQ (which is just me now...) but we're going to soldier on regardless. Thank you to everyone who has agreed to stay on, and thank you to everyone who is taking the time to read this message.

*EDIT* Well, I should probably read all my messages before making a forum post because we do in fact have TWO finished tracks! @Manji has finished his Elephant Graveyard remix as well! Big thank you to you as well, Chris (two Chris', what are the odds?!).

Edited by Trism

WANTED: Collaborator for Mixing

Recordings are starting to come in for my Film Noir esque  bass, trumpet and piano trio.

Mixing however is t really my thing and I prefer to leave that to someone who is A: more skilled and B: enjoys it more than I do 

So if anyone would like join our collab to handle the production side of things, let me know!

Edited by TSori

Well, they're not, really. We've lost a few more people from the project (no shade being thrown here, I made the announcement so people could make their own choices) which brings us down to about 10 tracks. 4 of those are finished, 1 completely done (shout out to @theconsoloist for being the first 100% completed track!) 2 pending sign-off by their respective producers and the other (yours, @brink-of-time) with @Chimpazilla for mastering. I'm expecting a few others to be finished this month as well. 

Currently looking for an artist to do the album art, if anyone's interested in taking that up or if anyone has any suggestions who I could reach out to. 

• 1 month later...

Heya @brink-of-time. Well to be honest, nothing's been happening. I've been shopping around for artists to do some cover art but no-one's interested.

At this point, I'm seriously considering just cancelling the whole project and suggesting that everyone who's completed their track to submit it to the site independently. There's been a few more people pull out of the project and there's a few people still in limbo, so the album has effectively stalled.

My taste for this project was soured when we had all the drama earlier this year, but I thought we could power on through. However interest has died off pretty much completely, and I don't want to force something through the door that doesn't want to go. 

I'll speak to those still working, but if they're not interested in moving forward then I'll formally close this thing down.

Oh that is really disappointing :(

I'm still working on my track! I took a break after I hit a wall with the arrangement, but I've been slowly making progress. I think the majority of the arrangement is finished, just trying to smooth some transitions and figure how I'm ending it. This is always the longest part in my process, once the arrangement is final, everything else comes together pretty quickly!

Hey all,

I've decided to quit the project. It's not a decision I made lightly, but unfortunately over the past few weeks the whole thing has started to become more like a burden than anything else. We've had another person quit, which is essentially what made my mind up for me. Since the whole Jeremy Soule revelation there's been a feeling like the whole thing is tainted, and that's become more apparent as people have distanced themselves from it. No artist that I've contacted to do the cover art wants to touch this thing; some of them have specifically stated it's because of the Soule connection. It's becoming depressing.

I'm going to offer up to the project to anyone who wants to take it on. If you're interested drop me a DM and we'll discuss.

I'm sorry to drop this out of the blue, but I feel it's best for my own mental wellbeing to do this.

Edited by Trism

No worries, Trism

These albums can be rough even in the best of times, and with all the complication Soule's situation and the rest of what's going on world have introduced it seems to be frought with problems.  

If someone else wants to take over I'm totally fine with that, but at this point my suggestion is that we call this project off, let the individual artists do what they want with their tracks, and allow another, hopefully less troubled  OST to be the subject of "Paths Less Traveled: Volume 2"

Sad to hear Trism, but your health is always more important. I am still very glad that you invited me, as I had a blast getting back into music again. I even had probably the most fun in a while arranging something.

You can always hit me up for a future project if you chose to!

I'll submit my completed track to the judges. @Chimpazilla

• 11 months later...