OCR04071 - Undertale "Irreversible"

it's almost 1 year after a big release,about: blank surprises me again,
 with another beautiful remix, I will never get over your first "acrophobia" 
sound that has marked my life over 10 years ago, thanks about, for this 
one more collaboration with undertale, and please remain firm, it 
seems that old Oc artists are more present than ever
Edited by Dandan

I'm not familiar with the original song but I could've taken another 2 minutes of that, at least! I love the section at around 1:40 especially. 

Really digging the balance struck between playing the melody cutting loose with breaks. There's a lot going on but the big change-ups feel very natural and not cut-and-pastey. Killer use of tape warp throughout the whole piece. 

Yesss. Any new track from about:blank is certainly a treat. As others in this thread have mentioned, Acrophobia is still a listening staple for me all these years later, and this continues to build and evolve in that same vein. There's elements of just about every part of this song that demand attention - the reese bass in the first verse, the vocal chops starting at 1:06, and the tasteful glitching and chopping throughout. Just when I thought the mix had reached its plateau, the climax starting at 2:40 comes in and shifts this into another gear!

Excellent work, this is a must-keep for me!

• 2 months later...

Honestly; the fact the remixer considered a segue into the Fire Emblem Gaiden final boss theme... that impresses me; and I'd love to hear a remix of that in his style. Because there's something about songs by about:blank that really captures my attention. Like Emunator said; there's elements all throughout the song that demands attention - that Sans vocal chop mixed throughout is something that took me a moment or two to actually recognize, but it brought an instant smile to my face. The glitch work is on point, nothing is at all out of place. It's well balanced, a good spread of audio; always something interesting going on but never cluttered to the point of being overwhelming; pretty spot on for this kind of chill lo-fi mix.

But really; I'd love to see more Fire Emblem on here too...

• 3 years later...