Secret of Mana Fantasia (Secret of Mana/Seiken Densetsu - Various)

Hey everyone!

Here is a newly uploaded video of another arrangement I've made - A Secret of Mana Fantasia for full Orchestra taken from the Secret of Mana/Seiken Densetsu Soundtrack by Hiroki Kikuta.  Secret of Mana was originally made for the SNES but has since enjoyed a remake. The music in this Fantasia include "Fear of the Heavens", "Into the thick of things", "a Wish", and "Fly into the Unknown".  The pieces linked very well together in order to contrast the many atmospheres and emotions the game has in the course of the adventures it holds. 

Disclaimer:  Original music is by Hiroki Kikuta, visuals are screenshots of in-game footage and artwork.

Edited by BenEmberley

On 5/31/2020 at 9:34 AM, BenEmberley said:

........how on Earth did this thread end up getting over 3000 views??? :shock:

The views look justified to me. An evocative performance of precious songs, creatively done. I am particularly fond of your take on Flammie's theme, it's a favorite among favorites from that game. Well done.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/31/2020 at 6:34 PM, BenEmberley said:

Hey :) I'm having a similar situation with a new remix I posted. Upon further investigation it appears that seemingly random posts are targeted (presumably by some bot) and get a massively inflated view count that is not reflected by the number of plays on mp3 / video. I PM-ed the moderator and site administrator to inquire about it.

As for your arrangement: I'm not too familiar with the source material but it is definitely worth the time to listen to it and I found the whole thing to be very enjoyable from beginning to end. I'm not using headphones right now so I can't tell if you're using real instruments or samples, but I thought it sounded realistic and convincing (even without them!), so good job on that :). Looking forward to your future works!

On 5/31/2020 at 9:34 AM, BenEmberley said:

adfhghghdgsjgjg.  Ignore if you saw earlier, was being especially derp.

Was this done live or with some high quality vsts?  I'm actually having a hard time sussing it out.  The brass, percussives and winds are especially expressive.  

Edited by HoboKa