Because You're Number 1

Dawan

Maybe it has to be a full youtube url, not shortened? Source:

Hmmm, listening to your version next to the source, it's a decent cover, but given that you've chosen to use FM sounds and cover it in the same style, it doesn't add much. It's always going to be a challenge when you make a cover in this way. Still, it's a good learning experience. Are you committed to an FM style, or would you consider making a more liberal arrangement with more modern synths and production?

I like this quite a bit! It's cool to see genesis style FM tracks. Currently my biggest thing is that the sound is too thin. Like it is being played back through a Game Gear speaker. It lacks the depth and fullness the original had.
I also second DarkSim on the arrangement itself. I can tell the differences between yours and the source, but only so. If I did a remix of a track using similar instruments and/or style, I would try to enhance or take my arrangement higher than the source. 

Good take though!

7 hours ago, DarkSim said:

Maybe it has to be a full youtube url, not shortened? Source:

Hmmm, listening to your version next to the source, it's a decent cover, but given that you've chosen to use FM sounds and cover it in the same style, it doesn't add much. It's always going to be a challenge when you make a cover in this way. Still, it's a good learning experience. Are you committed to an FM style, or would you consider making a more liberal arrangement with more modern synths and production?

I will be using FM for the rest of my covers. I dont mind the arrangement being similar.

4 hours ago, brink-of-time said:

I like this quite a bit! It's cool to see genesis style FM tracks. Currently my biggest thing is that the sound is too thin. Like it is being played back through a Game Gear speaker. It lacks the depth and fullness the original had.
I also second DarkSim on the arrangement itself. I can tell the differences between yours and the source, but only so. If I did a remix of a track using similar instruments and/or style, I would try to enhance or take my arrangement higher than the source. 

Good take though!

Thank you for the reply! What parts do you think I can make the sound fuller?

1 hour ago, brink-of-time said:

Mostly its all EQ. There is very little lows to mids. This is causing it to sound like it's being played through a handheld speaker (gameboy, gamegear, etc). If you played with the EQ it would bring this out quite alot.

Would it be cheating if I use Fl Studio for eq, because FM Composer lacks plugin and eq support.