An open question to Liontamer (not a PM for a reason)

Nineko

Yeah, the ID3 tag says:

(FF7) - Those Chosen By The Planet

(FF8) - Liberi Fatali

(FF9) - Kuja's Theme

(FF6) - Terra's Theme

Then why is it in the remixes for FF1?

Medley pieces across several games in a series are listed under the first game of the series.

Then I have something to ask:
Super Mario All-Stars 'WhatTheFunk?'[/url'>]this basically just means the music is from several mario games and is more of a medley
Why is this from Super Mario All-Stars then?

On the other hand, Dr.Fruitcake's medley is listed, correctly, under Super Mario Bros 1.

Also, shouldn't Hot Ice, by Darkesword, display also Lava Reef amongst its sources? And then, it would be a S3 and S&K medley. Awesome song anyway.

Just asking, this comment is meant to be costructive and not offensive at all. Hence why I posted it here and not where Larry first wrote that thing (I didn't want to derail a ReView thread, since posts appear in the download page) and not a PM because I thought this was interesting.

"What the Funk?" was posted in 2001, long before an actual policy to classify medleys was in place.

"Hot Ice" only has a cameo appearance of Lava Reef Zone. That's not a medley. A medley implies using more than two songs as source material, i.e. 3 or more.

So for a mix that uses more than one source tune, but places the primary arrangement focus on one tune, the mix is classified by whatever game the primary source tune is from.

For any mix that uses two source tunes fairly equally, the mix is chosen to be classified under one game, usually the submitting artist's choice (e.g. World of Warcraft 'All Nations Rise').

And when there's no focus on any one particular tune in a medley, then medley pieces across several games in a series are listed under the first game of the series.

Hope that clarifies.

Just a question for further clarification, as it would have an impact on a future [personal] project idea I have, what if a medley crosses between different series's?

For example, a medley of final boss themes from several Nintendo franchises, such as Mario, Zelda, Star Fox, Metroid, etc. (not my plan, but hey it would be awesome, yes?)?

Just a question for further clarification, as it would have an impact on a future [personal] project idea I have, what if a medley crosses between different series's?

For example, a medley of final boss themes from several Nintendo franchises, such as Mario, Zelda, Star Fox, Metroid, etc. (not my plan, but hey it would be awesome, yes?)?

Aight, I'll further clarify with some slight changes.

1. For a mix that uses more than one source tune, but places the primary arrangement focus on one tune, the mix is classified by whatever game the primary source tune is from.

2. For a mix that uses two or more source tunes fairly equally, the mix is chosen to be classified under one game, usually the submitting artist's choice (e.g. World of Warcraft 'All Nations Rise').

3. For a medley mix arranging several games from one series and with no primary arrangement focus on any one particular source tune tune in a medley, the mix is classified under the first game of the series.