SNESTropics (A StarTropics Super Nintendo Remix Album) 30th Anniversary Dec. 1st!

Hello, It's the 30th Anniversary of StarTropics!!! (Released in 1990) I thought this would be fun to remix the soundtrack and put something out there for fans of the game during this big year.

Some of the remixes sound similar to the originals and others sound pretty out there. This was made with Super Nintendo soundfonts and Super Audio Cart as well some reverb, delay and other dynamics for listening purposes. I was inspired to make this after enthusiastic support from the StarTropics speedrunning community. Took me 4 months to make and hope you enjoy some of these remixes!

Youtube Link:

Produced by AndreTheXLR8R

Mastered by Phil Shenandoah

Original music by Yoshio Hirai

Edited by AndreTheXLR8R
Updated youtube link

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • AndreTheXLR8R changed the title to SNESTropics (A StarTropics Super Nintendo Remix Album) 30th Anniversary Dec. 1st!

This is fantastic and love the remixed SNES-style songs (wish there were a few for Zoda's Revenge as well)!

Really wish the game had more love than it had gotten and went on to have successful sequels from there on out. (Would've been fun to maybe control Micha or to be able to switch characters in a Secret of Mana / Illusion of Gaia-style, or something in later installments!) Brings back great childhood memories.

Thanks for the share! I'll keep it in mind next time I peruse BandCamp for sure.

Edited by The Vodoú Queen

2 hours ago, Patrick Burns said:

Nice idea. Really makes me imagine an alternate reality SnesTropics... the overworld exploration bits would probably have been pretty cool... but I'm imagining that the Sub-C parts would have been turned into an annoying f-zero style 3D navigation with obstacles and sea creatures to avoid

Omg can you imagine? ...I'd been frustrated as hell in my younger days, haha.

Thanks everyone! Using soundfonts and SNES super audio cart felt like a fun mix. Zoda's Revenge would be a challenge as I'd want to use pure SNES soundfonts only with a tracker. Though I need more practice, they are quite a pain to work with, especially for a whole soundtrack.

Also, that is hilarious I didn't even think of how they would implement a mode 7 graphics (F-Zero style) in a SNES version of the game. Definitely would make some kids puke.