Super Sonic Racing! [A Tribute to Racing in Sonic Games]

Black_Doom

TEAM SONIC RACING Gets Animated Mini Series In The Form Of TEAM ...

Hey guys! I think a lot of you love that Blue Blur that goes by the name of Sonic the Hedgehog! And I'm also sure that a lot of you love racing games or just games that involve any kind of competition, right? So, what if we take the best of both worlds, blend it together and make a tribute album? ;)

Album Concept: the goal is to create an album honoring racing in Sonic games. They are usually super underappreciated from gaming and musical perspective, so I want to remedy that! The list of allowed games includes games fully dedicated to racing (e.g. Sonic Free Riders) and games that has 2P racing mode (e.g. Sonic 3). 10-ish tracks in total would do just fine. There're are also a few personal recomendations regarding the first and last tracks: either  "Green Light Ride" from TSR or "Race to Win" from Sonic Rivals 2 would make a perfect album opener, and "You're My Number One" from Sonic R is a perfect candidate to close the album. But that's just my opinion, y'know ;)

Genre Guidelines: this album is dedicated to racing games, so pumping music is what we need for sure. Any kind of energetic rock or electronica is more than welcome! The closing track, however, can be much more different. For an album closer I would like to have either something chill and mellow which could symbolize a victory lap or some huge, epic, uplifting orchestral track which would work as victory fanfare :)

List of allowed games (games in bold are already taken, see below):

• Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (2P tracks)
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (2P tracks)
  • Sonic Drift
  • Sonic Drift 2
  • Sonic R
  • Sonic Adventure (Chao Race)
  • Sonic Adventure 2 (Chao Race/Kart Race/2P tracks) 
  • Sonic Heroes (Quick Race or Ring Race)
  • Sonic Rivals
  • Sonic Rivals 2 
  • Sonic Riders
  • Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity
  • Sonic Free Riders
  • Team Sonic Racing

Everyone who wants to claim a track - just let me know in this thread. If you're not a posted remixer, please, send me a completed work of yours, so I could have an idea about your level of skills. Now, there's a lot of games to choose from, so no more than one claim per game is allowed.

Tracklist:

1. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - Mystic Cave Zone (2P) - claimed by Chernabogue
  2. Sonic Rivals 2 - Neon Palace Zone - claimed by GlacialSpoon
  3. Team Sonic Racing - Clockwork Pyramid - claimed by LongBoxofChocolate
  4. Sonic R - Can You Feel the Sunshine? - claimed by PirateCrab
  5. Sonic Drift 2 - Hill Top Course - claimed by Sir_NutS
  6. Sonic Drift - Spring Yard Course - claimed by Jivemaster
  7. Sonic the Hedgehog 3 - Medley  - claimed by Jamphibious
  8. Sonic Riders - Sand Ruins - claimed by GlacialSpoon
  • Red - claimed track, no WIP
  • Orange - initial WIP
  • Purple - significant WIP
  • Blue - finished arrangement (unmastered!)
  • Bold blue - final wav

Deadlines: I will not set fixed deadlines, but instead I'm going to handle each claim individually. It is highly recommended to keep in touch with me and send some progress at least every month or so. Ignoring me for too long and missing deadlines can result in your claim being dropped. Of course, life can be rough sometimes and I can easily understand that. Just don't disappear for too long! I may as well reach out to everyone from time to time just to make sure everything is okay :)

Final Deadline: May 31

The project crew:

That's all, I guess :)

Edited by Black_Doom

Hey guys!

1. First of all - the project now has a name! The title is indeed "Super Sonic Racing!" - yes, it is simple, somewhat obvious, and even a bit silly, but I figured it would work just fine :D
  2. I've updated the first post with a bit of information, mostly regarding the deadlines. Everyone who joined the project have already recieved a personal message about it, but I thought it is worth mentioning here as well.
  3. I've seen a few project directors creating discord servers for coordination. I think this is a very nice way to keep in touch with each other, so I'm going to send everyone a link to our project's server.

P.S. tagging @Sir_NutS just to ask whether he has made up his mind yet ;)

Edited by Black_Doom

After a bit of silence, I've finally got some stuff to say:

1. First and foremost, we've got yet another claim! @begoma has taken "Desert Palace Zone" from Sonic 3 - really glad to see more people on board! Welcome, man! :D
  2.  Sadly, another claim was dropped, so Sonic R is now available again!
  3. We've also got our first few WIPs and I'm super excited about that!

Let's get going, guys :)

EDIT: Looks like we've got R action back! @PirateCrab is gonna give the classic "Can You Feel the Sunshine?" a try! Welcome to the project!

Edited by Black_Doom

• 2 weeks later...

So I figured it's been a long time since I posted anything here, and I think it's a good time for some kind of update!

• First of all, the progress is being made. In fact, two tracks are nearly completed aside from a few final touches and mastering! 
  • Second, a couple of tracks got dropped since the last post, but we've also got a new remixer to balance the things a bit - @Jamphibious grabbed Sonic 3 a few days ago!
  • The project has finally got a sound engineer - @Chimpazilla was kind enough to handle the mastering, and I'm really thankful for that :)
  • My good friend Flan agreed to draw all the art for us! She doesn't have any web page, but here are a few examples of her work!

That's all for now!

Edited by Black_Doom

Hey folks, a quick update on the project status: sadly, there's now zero tracks from the Riders trilogy, so if you could help us to fill the gap, that would be very appreciated! Vocal tracks from these games are a little more prefered, since they would act nicely as an album opener. Here are some suggestions (note: some songs have multiple versions, it's fine to pick any of them):

However, if there's any other track from the Riders games you'd like to tackle, let me know!

I've also updated the list of available games! Chao races (both SA1 and SA2) are now valid options! SA2 also has a kart mini-game and 2P mode which I completly forgot about, so my apologies for ignoring the Adventure games the whole time :tomatoface:They are optional, but would be nice to have too!

Edited by Black_Doom