Super Mario Bros 4 (Super Mario World) - Main Theme

gmk_corp

Um, is this from SMW or just Super Mario Bros. cause it sounds like the SMB overworld theme to me. I forgot if it's in SMW or not. Just asking.

Well, it's okay, but it sounds like you just changed the instruments and added drums and stuff. If your gonna try remixing a theme that has been remixed plenty of times already you should try to do something new with it. Play around with the melody, switch parts around, add parts, etc...

I like the style, so maybe you could keep that.

That, my friends, is what we in the business like to call an "arrangement". Good day.

|GX

I agree, it's not really different than the original. It needs have more of a rock beat to it mabey or an orchestration. It is too similar to the original to be a remix.

DEFINTIONS:

re·mix (rē-mĭks') Pronunciation Key

tr.v. re·mixed, re·mix·ing, re·mix·es

To recombine (audio tracks or channels from a recording) to produce a new or modified audio recording: remixed a popular ballad and turned it into a dance hit.

arrangement

5. a piece of music that has been adapted for performance by a particular set of voices or instruments [syn: musical arrangement]

6. the act of arranging and adapting a piece of music

Yea, if you submit it the way it is, I'm sure the judges will just say that it is just a rip of the original with different instruments, I've seen many decisions like that. The problem is, basically, all it is is a single percussion line with different instruments alternating playing the single main theme. You have to do a lot more stuff like playing around with the melody, harmony, just basically making it more musical.

Of course, it's a good start and the instruments don't sound bad or anything, just take that to the next level with the actual arrangement.

Also...I'm pretty sure it's not from Super Mario World.

Definitely not from SMW. SMW's soundtrack is based around variations of one theme, plus a few other melodies for shorter, non-level sequences (music that plays when you finish a castle, for example). Your song is based on a theme from Super Mario Bros.

I agree with everyone else who mentioned it so far: your song is an arrangement, not a remix. While it is good overall, it would never be accepted as a remix on this site because it has no original musical content.

That, my friends, is what we in the business like to call an "arrangement". Good day.

|GX

Ehem... from DJP in the "Info" page.

The word "ReMix" was chosen but is not necessarily appropriate, as the tracks here are more re-arrangements than remixes (think of this as the difference between a "remix" and a "ReMix," mmmkay?).

That said, I thought it was interesting-ish...sortof...kindof short and it doesn't really do a huge amount or rearranging. (Although it's definitly there)