Chrono Trigger Remix

gmk_corp

Oh cool! You are remixing the Undersea Palace theme. Sweet. Let's see where it goes.

About midway listening to it... No, not so sweet. It's a repetitive midirip. I have nothing to say about it really. Listen to the existing mixes of the theme (which includes an OCR classic by COTMM , and, incidentally, I have a remix of this theme too) and take some pointers from there.

Yeah dude some of the ideas are cool. It does get repetative though. Also that intro sound, is way too scratchy. It's a good idea but in it's current state it's not listenable.

A big thing thing that would be good to concrentrate on is prob sound design. Work on fleshing out these sounds. Layering, good use of effects, and getting some good non-piercing sounds in the higher EQ range to even things out would be a good idea.

Try to vary up the 4 on the floor in places a bit. You to lead into a new section or something.

Those voices at 1:53 are pretty cool, integrate more shite like that.

Man, what a great source tune. I had forgotten about that one.

Anyways, yeah work with the scratching sound in the intro. Maybe try a different instrument for the brass hits around 1:05, and right after at 1:25 would be a perfect candidate for a new section. Right now, everything after 1:25 the listener has heard verbatim until 2:20, and even then it's really similar to what you had before. Good luck.