Another Case of Mistaken Identity?

Speaker for the Dead

By now most, if not all, of OCRemixers and listeners know that there exists a song by the Rabbit Joint that, for the longest, was mistakenly credited to System of a Down. But I've just come across a new song that seems to be suffering a similar fate, and yes, it's a Legend of Zelda theme.

This one is credited to Apocalyptica, and usually just goes by that name ("Apocalyptica Zelda theme" or something similar). The song clocks in at 4:44, though the only place I can find the track online has it longer, here.

Is this just another OCRemix that I overlooked, or perhaps a remix from someone else? According to the forums for Apocalyptica, this song is not theirs. Where does it come from?

• 2 weeks later...

No way, that was totally Apocalyptica! Nintendo hired them to do that arrangement and put it on their Nintendo CD.

Also, John Williams and the Boston Pops orchestra wrote and performed the original Super Mario Bros. Theme Song and then Koji Kondo just turned it into a chip tune and put it into the first SMB game.

Okay?

*This post was total sarcasm

I'm hearing that the first song you mentioned, the one supposedly by "The Rabbit Joint" is actually a song by a guy named Joe Pleiman and appeared on his ALBUM called "The Rabbit Joint".

Wikipedia says this:

Joe Pleiman created a song parody of the main Zelda theme for his album The Rabbit Joint.[32] The song is commonly mis-attributed to System of a Down or The Rabbit Joint.

I'm hearing that the first song you mentioned, the one supposedly by "The Rabbit Joint" is actually a song by a guy named Joe Pleiman and appeared on his ALBUM called "The Rabbit Joint".

Wikipedia says this:

Joe Pleiman created a song parody of the main Zelda theme for his album The Rabbit Joint.[32] The song is commonly mis-attributed to System of a Down or The Rabbit Joint.

Eh. That's what the song was submitted to this site under, so it's not wrong per se.