Street Fighter 2 - Cammy’s Theme [Orchestral/Jazz Fusion Remix]

soundyg

• 3 months later...

I like the character this one has, I was definitely grooving to this a bit. This is recorded live, right?

I do have to agree on the drums, as they sound a bit like the mic is against something that's vibrating. Just a tinny sound to it but also sounds a bit like a bass guitar due to the rhythm at times? This is pretty consistent through the song. If it is a bass guitar, some depth added to it would go really well. And based on what you already have, sounds like you could get this going no problem.

Piano also sounds a little out of tune, which is noticeable at the beginning, but mid point to the end, sounding good.

But the horns are top notch, as are the other guitars, and you definitely capture the mood you're going for.

Looking forward to hearing more of your work!

On 1/30/2021 at 1:32 AM, ZaxP said:

Yo....this maybe the ONLY orchestral rendition of her theme but DUDE you made it feel like ending credit of a movie good! However the piano and some of the drums sound liek they are VERY far away from the mic, was that intentional?!

Cheers mate! Haha, to be honest, I struggle with spatial stuff in my mixes, as I have to mix with headphones by necessity most of the time. I recently got a set of DT 990s that I'm hoping will help me identify spatial issues a bit easier. Thnx for the feedback!

2 minutes ago, bloopasan said:

I like the character this one has, I was definitely grooving to this a bit. This is recorded live, right?

I do have to agree on the drums, as they sound a bit like the mic is against something that's vibrating. Just a tinny sound to it but also sounds a bit like a bass guitar due to the rhythm at times? This is pretty consistent through the song. If it is a bass guitar, some depth added to it would go really well. And based on what you already have, sounds like you could get this going no problem.

Piano also sounds a little out of tune, which is noticeable at the beginning, but mid point to the end, sounding good.

But the horns are top notch, as are the other guitars, and you definitely capture the mood you're going for.

Looking forward to hearing more of your work!

There's actually nothing live here, it's all VSTs. I appreciate the feedaback, I'll take a second look at the piano vst that was in use here. Totally agreed on the bass guitar, personally I think that's the biggest problem in retrospect.

Thanks for listening! :)