MIDI:

Bowser's Introduction

Super Metroid Title

Deadline: Oct 28th Wed @ 1PM

Vote Ends: October 31st Sat @ 1 PM

MnP ARCHIVE  made by Trism ;)

submit: https://compo.thasauce.net/rounds/view/MnP118

MISSION STATEMENT
The goal of Compo:MnP is to promote that "meat and potatoes" conservative approach to remixing: this includes the mood and composition of source tunes. It is up to the remixer to create their own personalization, or to simply give it a sound upgrade. Moreover, the compo is a great opportunity to hone your remixing skills and give video game music the respect that is due. SOME reinterpretation is recommended, but not required.

MnP Instructions/Guidelines

1. Source-Picks are limited to the era of gaming 1984-2006.  In other words, Nes/Sega Master to PS2/GC/XBox 1.  Going to relax this rule with certain Indie Titles like Shovel Knight, Undertale and possibly Crypt of the Necrodancer.  Update me upon further titles that have that 'Retro Fidelity'.  Thanks!
  2. Modifying the Source is fine, so long as it doesn't sound completely separate from its original intent. 
  3. Small tempo changes are OK.  But not 140 to 80 etc. 
  4. Submissions must be at a maximum of 20mb (keeping in step with ThaSauce's file size max).
  5. Only 1 entry per participant. Previous winner cannot participate but can submit a BONUS entry.

MISC/TIPS
- When picking a source tune, make sure it has a MIDI to make people's lives easier.
- In-game sound FX are permitted, so long as they don't comprise the whole track (i.e. replacing entire MIDI tracks with just sfx)

Edited by HoboKa

16 hours ago, APZX said:

Well I mostly got my software issues sorted out and even got my sub up already. I guess I haven't gotten any slower lol. Though I may revisit the mix again tonight or tomorrow. But the core idea for the track is there at least.

LOL.  I blue-screened when I tried to respond to this (edit: Might need to Reformat my PC soon...HD is acting super sketchy).  Looks like your software issues have hexed my PC.  JK.  It's 7 years old...Anyways, I'm super glad you got something in the works and pushed through the technical difficulties for this humble competition.  :D :D

Edited by HoboKa

• 2 weeks later...

1 1/2 days to go.  I won't be extending, on account of this round needing to conclude (votes included) on 31st...even if it means a default win.  But I will try and sit alongside APZX for competition.  Hopefully we'll get 1 more in.  Been a bit wonky for me this month, but I think I can get something in tomorrow at some point.

EDIT) OK, got something up.  Anybody else got anything in the works??  I might extend until 11PM tonight.  Then we can do a panic vote for 29 and 30th lmao. 

Edited by HoboKa

Welcome to the Voting Stage!

• There are 4 entries this round.
  • There is 2 Bonus entry(s) this round
  • There IS a voter bonus this round!
  • Wassup Thunder & Souperion have a vote worth 2x. 
  • When Voting, please don't be inflexible when considering the conservative approach.
  • Don't vote for Bonus entries please. 
  • Participants may not vote for themselves.  

Vote ends Oct 31st 1Pm.  Bit tight.  But we can probably make it.  

Vote here https://compo.thasauce.net/rounds/view/MnP118

Edited by HoboKa

5 hours ago, Souperion said:

Is it always this hard to place a vote? Can't I just give everybody a 1st? Votes in.

Nah, at some point when things are close in terms of writing and such you have to differentiate on things like production and mixing. Because all things being equal you have to differentiate the positions.

Results

• HoboKa got 1st with 23 points. 
  • NickC got 2nd with 17 points
  • APZX got 3rd with 14 points. 
  • TheVideoGamer got 4th with 6 points.

wow I won!

Comments

Wow, getting two 1st place votes from 2 previous winners definitely helped me.  That's a whopping 12 points right there.  I think I'll be greedy and take the Pick this time..  Got something crazy planned for next round, and it's just as well that I get the BONUS vote for it.  Thanks for participating guys!  And nice entries all around : 3

Edited by HoboKa