OC ReMix Secret Santa 2020

Rexy

This event had been discussed behind the scenes, and after much deliberation, I feel it's time to spread some holiday cheer!

Anyway, I'm sure by now you know how a Secret Santa works - get assigned to someone, send gifts and the like.  You can do so either physically or digitally - though, whether's the most convenient option is up to you.

Please use this form to add your details.  This will make it easier for me to keep entrants organized, and less clutter in my PM box.

The deadline for signups is November 1st at 2PM Eastern Time.  I will then match people up and send details out.

Keep in mind that you don't need to spend a fortune to your recipient.  It's possible to give memorable gifts that don't cost as much.

Otherwise, come along and join up!  Ho ho ho!

Did this years ago and someone, who i still have no idea who it was, sent me a single pack of guitar strings...

However those strings were my first pack of Ernie Ball Cobalt strings which I use exclusively on my ESP now because they are absolutely amazing. So thanks anonymous benefactor because now they are the gift that I keep on giving... to myself. 

So what the hell i'll sign up again. 

I'm up.

I recall a few years prior where someone got a tabletop-full of sci-fi books and another year with some Power Rangers/Super Sentai mecha figures. Other years, it was 3DSs and games. I don't remember who, exactly, but they were good exchanges those years.

I'm kinda surprised we didn't do it the last couple years.

Oh, people, if you have Steam or PSN or whatever, don't forget to include your IDs in case you happen to have stuff on your wishlists. And your amazon as well. Some years, it gets hard to figure out what to get. I had to ask the guy running it one year because I just could not get a hint and it turned out my recipient as into something I had no idea was a thing.

Edited by The Damned

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

You’re right.  There’s only six of us including myself, which will make things pretty difficult, ngl.

While I really don’t want to delay matching up due to Black Friday sales starting early, it seems that’ll be necessary due to the turnout we have so far.  I’ll check the responses again on Monday and see what it’s like then; if still no change, I’ll hold off from matchups until Thanksgiving itself.

• 2 weeks later...

I reaaaally hope US customs didn't freak out for some reason and throw out/return what I sent... because that parcel was sent out three weeks ago and I haven't heard if the recipient has gotten it or not yet.

Though, someone did start gutting the postal service down there, and combine that with the x-mas rush and the covid thing forcing everyone to send stuff instead of visiting in person... it might be sometime in January when it actually arrives.

1 hour ago, The Damned said:

I reaaaally hope US customs didn't freak out for some reason and throw out/return what I sent... because that parcel was sent out three weeks ago and I haven't heard if the recipient has gotten it or not yet.

Though, someone did start gutting the postal service down there, and combine that with the x-mas rush and the covid thing forcing everyone to send stuff instead of visiting in person... it might be sometime in January when it actually arrives.

Yeah, I heard that the USPS got jammed up over the holidays.  Unless you've marked it for tracking, I don't know of any other way you could check and see if it's moving along the system D:

• 2 weeks later...

I assume the keychain is from you, Proph. If not... too late!

20210106_130054.thumb.jpg.5b9c37d2b58269e6ff778fbfb6dcb435.jpg

Trinkets were a nice little customization in Borderlands 3, and should fit nicely with my totally not a Nerf gun Sandhawk sniper rifle and OH SHIT A RADIOACTIVE MONKEY!! SHOOT IT! SHOOT IT!

(The Nerf gun is not a present, I jsut thought it would look cool with the vault logo on it)

Edited by The Damned