Final Fantasy VII - Aerith and Tifa's Theme Vocal Medley (ft Jillian Aversa & Aeralie Brighton)

zircon

Jill and I are both big fans of Aeralie's work, particularly on the Ori series, and we've always wanted to collaborate with her... so we did! We've been arranging Final Fantasy 7 for over a decade now (our first remix together was Deliverance of the Heart all the way back in 2007) but it's just such a good soundtrack we keep coming back to it.

I wanted to keep the production mostly out of the way here, since with two strong (and complementary) voices there wouldn't be enough room for too much underlying stuff. So it's basically all Omnisphere with some careful mixing to make sure all the background vocal layers and leads could sit properly, along with precisely sculpted reverb...

We did consider having more percussion too but I think it would have ultimately taken away from the beauty of the themes themselves. Keeping it atmospheric and melodic seemed like the way to go. 

Enjoy!