Most anticipated console game of 2021 for you?

Daylectorbr

Hey guys! Just wanna know which of the games coming on 2021 you are most excited to get and play??:-D8)

I'll start and am proud to say that I can't wait getting my hands on Resident Evil Village! Been a fan of Resident Evil since I was a kid so I'm just happy that up to this day, this game is on-going and getting stronger!

Edited by DarkeSword
Removing article link.

4 hours ago, Geoffrey Taucer said:

I have not, how is it?

Life changing.  If you like Horizon which was a very very good game, there is much more of what made horizon good in The Witcher 3.   Horizon is better than 95% of all games but The Witcher 3 is in that last 5%.  CDPR also had a hand in assisting with the development of Horizon.  

Only thing I would give Horizon over The Witcher 3 would be that the ranged combat felt better and the combat overall was less demanding.  The Witcher 3 has no problem killing you off until you figure out what you need to do though it's not nearly as bad as games like Sekiro. So if you enjoyed Horizon you should definitely also enjoy The Witcher 3 and vice versa.  

On 10/9/2020 at 2:27 PM, Garpocalypse said:

Life changing.  If you like Horizon which was a very very good game, there is much more of what made horizon good in The Witcher 3.   Horizon is better than 95% of all games but The Witcher 3 is in that last 5%.  CDPR also had a hand in assisting with the development of Horizon.  

Only thing I would give Horizon over The Witcher 3 would be that the ranged combat felt better and the combat overall was less demanding.  The Witcher 3 has no problem killing you off until you figure out what you need to do though it's not nearly as bad as games like Sekiro. So if you enjoyed Horizon you should definitely also enjoy The Witcher 3 and vice versa.  

Do I need to play (or read a plot summary or watch a lets play) of 1 and 2 first, or would I be fine diving straight into 3?

1 and 2 are very imperfect games. 1 crashes a lot too or at least that was the chief complaint when i played it many years ago.The OST for it is fantastic though. 2 you are going to need eye surgery after trying to read the text in that game for 30 hours. Even at it's best setting the text is unreadably small but there may be a mod for it now. 

3 has plenty of character development along with along with everything you need to know about the world so you can jump right in with that one.  There are Easter eggs for fans of the series of course but they aren't deal breakers for any of the various plots in the game. 

Only thing I would chide 3 over is not doing nearly enough with the elven anti-human "terrorists" known as the Scoia'tael.  The books have a lot that revolves around them and games 1 and 2 refer to them often. That's about it for criticism tough. 

Good stuff.  

On 10/10/2020 at 2:27 AM, Garpocalypse said:

I think for me the way the story unfolded was the thing I loved most about W3. I'm a open world fan through and through but with games like the elder scrolls and fallout franchise I enjoyed playing them for the freedom but didn't find the story to engaging. Where as W3 had me hook line and sinker. Felt like I was watching a Netflix series or reading a great book where I just had to play for 10min longer because I wanted to see what would happen. And character wise I feel it's the only game where I felt connected. Finding Ciri was actually a happy moment, not just a mission to be finished, like finding Shaun in fallout 4. The characters just felt real.

On 10/11/2020 at 5:54 PM, Garpocalypse said:

1 and 2 are very imperfect games. 1 crashes a lot too or at least that was the chief complaint when i played it many years ago.The OST for it is fantastic though. 2 you are going to need eye surgery after trying to read the text in that game for 30 hours. Even at it's best setting the text is unreadably small but there may be a mod for it now. 

3 has plenty of character development along with along with everything you need to know about the world so you can jump right in with that one.  There are Easter eggs for fans of the series of course but they aren't deal breakers for any of the various plots in the game. 

Only thing I would chide 3 over is not doing nearly enough with the elven anti-human "terrorists" known as the Scoia'tael.  The books have a lot that revolves around them and games 1 and 2 refer to them often. That's about it for criticism tough. 

Good stuff.  

I will definitely pick it up then

17 hours ago, Daylectorbr said:

I think for me the way the story unfolded was the thing I loved most about W3. I'm a open world fan through and through but with games like the elder scrolls and fallout franchise I enjoyed playing them for the freedom but didn't find the story to engaging. Where as W3 had me hook line and sinker. Felt like I was watching a Netflix series or reading a great book where I just had to play for 10min longer because I wanted to see what would happen. And character wise I feel it's the only game where I felt connected. Finding Ciri was actually a happy moment, not just a mission to be finished, like finding Shaun in fallout 4. The characters just felt real.

Sorry for derailing the topic into a witcher 3 appreciation thread.  :]  but it is getting released in 2021 for next gen consoles so I guess it still applies.  

Playing 1 and 2 from way back in the day left a lot to be desired after having played Elder Scrolls and all of that.  The games had their charm but felt underdeveloped. Witcher 3 was nailed so completely and had so much work put into it that the CEO of CDPR looked like his soul had left his body after it's release.  

https://images.app.goo.gl/hbLC48son8kL1hju7

Oh, completely tangential, but while we're on the subject of Horizon: Zero Dawn....

There is a real company called Faro, which really specializes in robotics and automation, and has a real product called a Focus Scanner, which is a system for scanning things in 3d and reconstructing them digitally -- and as far as I can tell, this is all a complete coincidence.

https://www.faro.com/products/construction-bim/faro-focus/

Edited by Geoffrey Taucer

• 4 weeks later...