OCR04152 - Life Force "Surgical Strike"

Liontamer

Did you know that "Thunderbolt" is actually the Stage 5 theme? I'm not looking to mock or anything; I'm just curious. The actual Stage 2 music is known as "Starfield" - that's the stage that features Tetran as the stage boss. Stage 5 is the one that has you going up against the Pharaoh mask at the end of it. I'm a bit of a Konami shmup nut, so... just wanted to try and set the record straight here.

• 2 months later...
On 11/8/2020 at 7:32 AM, kevinb1229 said:

Did you know that "Thunderbolt" is actually the Stage 5 theme? I'm not looking to mock or anything; I'm just curious. The actual Stage 2 music is known as "Starfield" - that's the stage that features Tetran as the stage boss. Stage 5 is the one that has you going up against the Pharaoh mask at the end of it. I'm a bit of a Konami shmup nut, so... just wanted to try and set the record straight here.

Partially true.

This track was track 2 in the Japanese Salamander Famicom release, and track 5 in the NES port.
Not used in the Arcade ports.

No mocking, just laying down facts.
Also, I dig this tune.  Sadly it comes off a bit tinny on certain speakers.  

On 1/31/2021 at 8:54 PM, Wolflord said:

Partially true.

This track was track 2 in the Japanese Salamander Famicom release, and track 5 in the NES port.
Not used in the Arcade ports.

No mocking, just laying down facts.
Also, I dig this tune.  Sadly it comes off a bit tinny on certain speakers.  

Huh. You learn something new every day. Thanks for the insight; I actually didn't realize that about the Famicom soundtrack.

Not sure why it comes off tinny on some speakers, but it sounds just fine with mine - and I have to agree, this song is really great.