Revalver MKII

Sixto

After the release of Amplitube 2, I thought I'd be satisfied for a very long time as far as amp simulation goes. Guess again.

A few days ago, a friend of mine linked me here and told me it was the best amp simulator he'd ever used. Of course, I was highly skeptical. It'd be pretty hard to topple Amplitube 2 and Guitar Rig 2 at this point. Maybe in a few years, but certainly not now. Anway, I download the demo and give it a go. My very first reaction was that this was just another lame, low budget plugin some nobody cooked up. Then I got into deep editing. There are alot of components you can fiddle around with and it kept me occupied for the better part of 3 hours. I was convinced. Revalver MKII is the real deal. This is what amp modeling should be. Not only do you get to choose your own pre and power amp sections, but you get to choose from a long list of vacum tubes and you get to edit the characteristics of each tube. There are also plenty of effects and stomp boxes to play with, and the noise reduction is superb. Plus, there is even a VST host module you can insert into the chain that lets you use any VST plugin you have within Revalver. At $209.67, it's not exactly cheap, but definitely worth it in my opinion. Download the demo and give it a whirl. I know you tweak heads will go nuts over it. 8)