Majora's Mask: Song of Healing Remix

Souperion

A remix of the Song of Healing that hopes to do a little healing. I named it for the classic imagery of a broken heart that, though outwardly ruined, still continues to beat, to live, to feel. 

The piece, like that heart, still needs loads of work. I'm particularly trying to work on the layering (of my gratuitous strings), making transitions smoother, and balancing the instruments (those darn violas). And of course, any other glaring compositional flaws that happen to stand out. Thanks for a listen.

Wow, the strings are bitter and piercing.  Perfect October music, just shy of 11 days.  I got no feedback for the articulation and production though.  Best to leave that to more trained ears.  But I love it.  (Edit 4000) This reminds me a lot of American McGee's Alice**.  BTW, Majora's Mask was a bit too challenging and jank for me, but I'd love to watch a Pro Let's Play of it someday... I LOVE the atmosphere of it (and this remix too!).  

Oh hey, I caught something robotic that u may want to fix.  3:03-3:13, there is some detach notes that are the  exact same velocity and timber.  Might want to alter those juuust a tad.  I wonder if there are other similar hiccups...might want to go over it with a fine comb.  ;) 

Also, what Orchestral Library(s) are you rolling with?  

Edited by HoboKa

3 hours ago, HoboKa said:

Oh hey, I caught something robotic that u may want to fix

Appreciate that catch, I've been having a hard time making things more... organic. Maybe I'll get better at it this pass. It's probably all over.

3 hours ago, HoboKa said:

Also, what Orchestral Library(s) are you rolling with?  

I use Eastwest's Symphonic Orchestra, mostly. Got the strings, piano, and oboe from there, plus an Irish Low Whistle from Ra and the Bawu from Silk (both Eastwest.) Thanks for the listen!

42 minutes ago, Souperion said:

Appreciate that catch, I've been having a hard time making things more... organic. Maybe I'll get better at it this pass. It's probably all over.

I use Eastwest's Symphonic Orchestra, mostly. Got the strings, piano, and oboe from there, plus an Irish Low Whistle from Ra and the Bawu from Silk (both Eastwest.) Thanks for the listen!

Gotcha.

There should be Expression Mods (they dictate the timber of keyswitches, on top of the Round Robin etc).  Dig into the E-manual for your specific libraries and figure out what Controller does that.  Or if you have a MIDI keyboard, then fart around with that.  Are you using FL Studio like me?  If so, you have my sympathies.  It's not impossible to do it though.  I can help you out in private DM's if so...Otherwise, it's YouTube for you.  And probably the much better approach imo.  

Edited by HoboKa

5 hours ago, Souperion said:

I've been tinkering with the keyswitch functions of Eastwest, been hoping to get a midi keyboard in the near future. Yeah, I'm an FL user too. I'll take another look at finding that dang mod wheel again, maybe it will help. 

Big Edit

I had a long...poorly written list that was not useful.  I need to hop back on FL and run thru the process step by step just to jog my memory.  Want me to hit you up with a PM later on that??  If not, this here video might solve at least half of the problem.  I got a few other "hacks" for Play VST and FL, but they are kinda specific and can't be resolved by a video alone, seeing as some of the info was from random forums that I had to browse.  I'm on my Lappy right now.  I'll check it out on the PC tomorrow, possibly.  Maybe ping me with a reminder?  

Edited by HoboKa