Incorrect Copyright Claim on YouTube by WMG for Using OCR Tune "Kung-Fu Step" by Ezavskih

The OC ReMix piece "Kung-Fu Step" by Ezavskih has been incorrectly copyright claimed by WMG as "You're so Creepy" by Ghost Town at 1:22 to 1:33 in this video of mine.

EnRjE66W8AMVn35?format=jpg&name=large

(Note: I always credit OC ReMix in both my videos and video descriptions when I use OC ReMix content in my YouTube videos.)

So, does this happen much to people who use OC ReMix content in their YouTube videos?

Edited by SJP176

This is a very strange case, because our hosted version of the video for the Yie Ar Kung-Fu ReMix actually doesn't have any copyright claim on it at all. Just checked it now, and it's not flagged in any way. I checked both the individual video and our list of all videos with copyright claims.

I listened to Ghost Town's piece too just to be sure there were no audio matches, but clearly the YT algorithm heard "dub/wub/wobble wobble wobble" and slapped on a bogus audio match. Not sure why our version of the song isn't flagged though, as that's usually the case as well when any OC ReMix gets a purported audio match.

Don't know what to say other YT made a false positive audio match and that the two songs aren't the same, so you'd have to report that mismatch and see if they'll remove the audio match.

1 hour ago, Wassup Thunder said:

Last year I made a remix of Chrono Trigger's Guardia Forest and uploaded it to Youtube, and got a copyright claim from some rapper that I swear used the melody from chrono trigger in his rap. The algorithm is has issues.

This made me laugh, but it also makes me angry on your behalf.

1 hour ago, Liontamer said:

Don't know what to say other YT made a false positive audio match and that the two songs aren't the same, so you'd have to report that mismatch and see if they'll remove the audio match.

I filed a dispute, which the copyright owner (WMG) has 30 days to review.

• 2 weeks later...