Idea to consider-Legend of Zelda Project

Kyeran441

OoT was a little low on dialogue to be an opera don't you think? I mean... Link doesn't actually speak for one. The idea of an opera is cool, but I think you've got the wrong game. Also, theres not really that much of a plot to write lyrics about. You'd be better off with a more typical RPG game.

Have you ever seen an opera? Theres usually only three - four acts. OoT has three acts, with 5-6 scenes per. not a big deal. However, this was just a suggestion, I have no buisness pressing the issue. I just thought id throw it out there.

thanks for listening

The challenge though would be to have meaningful lyrics. Sure, you could use the natural divisions in the game as natural divisions in the opera, but what would you sing about? Some repetition in lyrics is fine, but an entire opera with Link singing about the various enemies he's hacking with his sword and boomerang and other things wouldn't go over that well, and since OoT is largely action-driven, instead of plot-driven, there wouldn't be much else to sing about unless the songs focused on the less important parts of the game, things like Link's interactions with the various people around Hyrule.

OoT would work much better, in my opinion, as an orchestral suite or done in the format of one of the many other site projects (i.e. pick a style or set of styles and have different people contribute), or even as a "Music inspired by OoT" spinoff with all original music composed/arranged to fit certain scenes/dungeons/interactions in OoT.

I'm interested in this concept.

I go to about two operas a year and operas can have horrible plots and terrible writing, The Magic Flute for example, but as long as the music is excellent it carries the whole work.

I would be willing to participate in a proof of concept demonstration aria on the music arranging and production end. I have a fair barritone voice but I'm interested in hearing who would be down to write lyrics and sing.

• 3 weeks later...

I love the music of Ocarina of Time and respect it enough not to listen to OLRina of Time. When it comes to pass, I will listen to it.

I've never been to an opera, symphony, orchestra, or anything like that, and I doubt I will ever have the opportunity (nothing ever comes to Denver, also, don't really have the money for those things)

But yeah, thinking back, Tyler Heath did the Artifact of Power series, which, correct me if I'm wrong, was four parts. And there was Homes of Hyrule, by Kevin Stephens(?)

So maybe instead of an opera feel, maybe orchestral?