Succession of Witches (Final Fantasy 8) - Orchestral Arrangement

BenEmberley

Hmm, I think there are some cool concepts worth keeping here and building on. I like brassy take on the theme at 4ish. I think that's something that really shines. But I think—and this is coming from someone who is rather conservative in their remixes to this point—I think there could have been a lot more done to build the suspense. It just kinda felt like a long long version with some interest toward the end. I think you also use silence well too, which some people (including myself) can forget to use to add suspense. But I guess this just wasn't adventurous enough for me.

Besides that, on the technical side there are some syncing issues with the Fithos Lusec chorus at times. The strings really leave a lot to be desired. Again, I really recommend BBC Discover or even Spitfire Labs as a base quality for strings these days. I'm sure you are mostly using free patches but I do believe there is room to upgrade there still.

Anyway, seems like you have a decent amount of content on your channel to explore so maybe I'll go do that? Thank you for the upload and share!