MnP 120: Secret of Mana - Make A Wish

HoboKa

9 hours ago, Souperion said:

Good round, folks. I THINK I got my vote in. It gave me a weird screen when I submitted it, said something about having already voted or something. Dunno if there's a way to check if it went through. Either way, good sounds, good sounds.

I checked it, Wassup Thunder and AZPX voted so far, so your vote isn't submitted.

Welcome to the Voting Stage!

• There are 4 entries this round.
  • There is 2 Bonus entry(s) this round
  • There IS a voter bonus this round!
  • Souperion have a vote worth 2x. 
  • When Voting, if possible, avoid granting 1:1 covers top spot.  MnP requires a bit of remixage after all.  
  • Don't vote for Bonus entries please. 
  • Participants may not vote for themselves.  

Vote ends Dec 27th 1Pm.  

Vote here https://compo.thasauce.net/rounds/view/MnP120

(Whoops, due to Voting Phase being posted late, I'm going to extend it by 2 days, since it won't be on X-Mas day.)

Edited by HoboKa

13 hours ago, Souperion said:

Good round, folks. I THINK I got my vote in. It gave me a weird screen when I submitted it, said something about having already voted or something. Dunno if there's a way to check if it went through. Either way, good sounds, good sounds.

Oof, no it did not save the vote.  Sorry for posting the voting round late...gave it an extension.  Make sure to copy paste your vote before submitting again, if it gives you another weird screen, PM it to me.  Same with anyone else who submitted a vote, but didn't register.

So far, we got Wassup Thunder, APZX and a Bundeslang vote.  I'm going to submit mine right now.

Edited by HoboKa

ARRGG...I forgot to mention the BONUS entry in my vote.

Souperion: good thing you weren't competing otherwise it'd probably be another win by you lol.  Loved that you captured the weird Whale-Wind sound from SoM' intro.  Nice MMM choirs.  What do you call that Egyptian Wind thing at 0:55 and 1:29...it's so discreetly hidden you can barely tell it's its own thing.  But I love it all the same.  Lots of hidden nuances here and layers.  Like an onion.  A very sexy onion. 

5 hours ago, Dextastic said:

Voted! What a great round! Let me know if my vote didn't come through.

EDITS...EDITS EVERYWHERE!!!  CS188 SAVE ME

This is what we got so far...Uhhhh EDITED so no one got doxx'd by accident rofl. 

Wassup Thunder   2020-12-23 12:42:31 2020-12-23 12:42:31
  APZX   2020-12-24 04:43:03 2020-12-24 04:43:03
  bundeslang   2020-12-24 07:19:16 2020-12-24 07:19:16
  hoboka   2020-12-24 11:06:46 2020-12-24 11:06:46
  Dex   2020-12-24 12:06:20 2020-12-24 12:06:20
Edited by HoboKa

10 hours ago, HoboKa said:

Oof, no it did not save the vote. 

Ah, mittens. I tried a few times, the thing kept giving me the same weird error page. So I DMed my votes to HoboKa. Later, I'll recreate my comments/feedback/praise on y'all's work. Still a great round with great stuff, smoothies all around! 

10 hours ago, HoboKa said:

Souperion: good thing you weren't competing otherwise it'd probably be another win by you lol.

Aw, thanks. I'd say the same for yours! I layered a duduk and oboe for the woodwinds in mine, and used a Secret of Mana soundfont I got a while ago for those familiar 16 bit elements.

13 minutes ago, Souperion said:

Aw, thanks. I'd say the same for yours! I layered a duduk and oboe for the woodwinds in mine, and used a Secret of Mana soundfont I got a while ago for those familiar 16 bit elements.

Aha, the Daduk.  I got one of those, time for me to try it out.  I got a SoM soundfont pack too,...some great sounds for sure!  Good stuff.  :P 

Results

• Kat got 1st with 24 points. 
  • Wassup Thunder got 2nd with 20 points
  • The Voduo Queen got 3rd with 17 points. 
  • APZX got 4th with 13 points.

Kat please PM me with your source pick for Round 121*** (copy-pasta fixed) :D 

Comments

Great round folks!!  But...looking back, I gotta say that my feedback on Wassup Thunder's entry was pretty bad.  I still stand by the scoring, but the feedback I gave was just...terrible.  Production niggles aside, the Composition, it is VERY good and it is still within MnP's scope.  So I failed there.  Apologies man.  X_X

Souperion's Vote

1st: Kat's Winter's End.

2nd: Wassup Thunder's

3rd: APZX's.

Thanks, sorry for the mishmash.

Edited by HoboKa

Good round all! And no sweat, Hoboka, I get ya. I agree with a lot of feedback that I veered from the MnP style a bit much, so I'll focus in on that next round! I appreciate the feedback in this contest. I'm always trying to get my orchestral elements to sound more organic and full, along with improving my arrangements in general. Can't wait to see the next round!

1 hour ago, Wassup Thunder said:

Good round all! And no sweat, Hoboka, I get ya. I agree with a lot of feedback that I veered from the MnP style a bit much, so I'll focus in on that next round! I appreciate the feedback in this contest. I'm always trying to get my orchestral elements to sound more organic and full, along with improving my arrangements in general. Can't wait to see the next round!

EDIT 2 million

OK.  The real feedback that I want to convey was in the Results/Comments.  All other attempts...just...didn't match up to what I really think.  The problem is...I'm no good at this.  It's getting hard to give quality feedback cuz things have picked up again and we're getting a lot of quality entries.  So...it falls down to minor gripes and that's when the questionable feedback arises.....I'm sorry for all the updates/edits.  I'm so derp X_X

Edited by HoboKa

53 minutes ago, HoboKa said:

EDIT 2 million

OK.  The real feedback that I want to convey was in the Results/Comments.  All other attempts...just...didn't match up to what I really think.  The problem is...I'm no good at this.  It's getting hard to give quality feedback cuz things have picked up again and we're getting a lot of quality entries.  So...it falls down to minor gripes and that's when the questionable feedback arises.....I'm sorry for all the updates/edits.  I'm so derp X_X

Haha, thanks for giving the feedback though. Even "questionable" feedback can help an artist get introspective to improve. I think it's great that there's so many entries.