How to make vocals sound electronic like this?

H36T

Hey guys I have a production question that kind of alludes me. So in the song Sins of the Father from MGSV (wonderful piece btw), there is a part at 4:25 where they run Donna's vocals through some kind of filter, which I'm guessing is a pitch correction software.

I personally don't own any of the major pitch correction software like Auto-tune or Waves tune. Is that how they get this effect or is this something else? I think I picked up a free one awhile back called MAuto or something but I could never figure out how to make it do that haha. Any advice you guys could provide would be greatly appreciated.

That is indeed pitch correction.  Depending on what software you're using it might require manual editing to make it sound right.  That MAuto only looks like it "auto tunes" so once you get the scale set you have limited parameters to adjust.  Presumably Depth would be 100% and Speed would be the parameter to tweak to taste.

9 hours ago, Argle said:

That is indeed pitch correction.  Depending on what software you're using it might require manual editing to make it sound right.  That MAuto only looks like it "auto tunes" so once you get the scale set you have limited parameters to adjust.  Presumably Depth would be 100% and Speed would be the parameter to tweak to taste.

Thank you! If you don't mind, with a more in-depth program, what other parameters would you set? I don't mind...spending money I guess as long as it isn't too expensive and massively DRM laden like Auto-tune haha.

I can't speak for Antares Autotune but with Melodyne you edit the performance using the editor window below.  So you can slice up and pitch correct a vocal run in any way that sounds good vs being at the mercy of an algorithm deciding what to do.  Now do you NEED this level of control to get the results of that MGS song?  I have no idea. :-P

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSeHgQ6Pii2C5MpLdvXL_roRTPzXAigI09KQ1iWPree1sceJ70skPCl11GdfbZaBwK0xndVqA&usqp=CAc