OverClocked ReMix Re-Theming - Dark Skin Updated: 2021-07-02

Ramaniscence

Looks like DJP made some updates, anyway THAT is fixed, but...

I have absolutely NO CLUE what's causing that. It doesn't happen for me and SHOUOLD'NT be happening at ALL.

The banner is ONLY the background image for the BODY tag and the BODY tag online. In fact stuff in the INPUT boxes are styled something completely different. Since I'm not seeing it, it's gonna be pretty hard for me to get to the bottom of, but I've added a few things that MIGHT work.

Edit: Looks like userStyles is broken right now, in the meantime manually update using this:

http://ramaserv.thasauce.net/images/OCRCSS/OCR4-Contrast/vBulletin.css

Error in parsing value for property 'background-image'. Declaration dropped.

And it's still giving me the image in the edit box. :/

I manually updated the style by overwriting the old one with that one.

And.. yes. Using standard clears up the background image issue. Also makes the text look better. And it doesn't seem to have an issue with there being extra, phantom lines in the edit box.

I'm guessing this is what you are referring to when you say standard editor?

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2108/

No, what's meant is to go into your User CP and select "Standard" as your editor type, rather than "simple" or "WYSIWYG"

Go User CP - Edit Options - Miscellaneous Options - Message Editor Interface - Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls.

No, what's meant is to go into your User CP and select "Standard" as your editor type, rather than "simple" or "WYSIWYG"

Go User CP - Edit Options - Miscellaneous Options - Message Editor Interface - Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls.

It works!!!

Last update before MAGFest. The style has been updated on userStyles. I replaced the Quote/etc/etc buttons because I got too tired of looking at the normal ones, but be aware they're subject to change and likely WILL BE changed latter.

Anyway EVERYONE BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THASAUCE LIVE MAGFEST COVERAGE @ STICKAM. </plug>

Last update before MAGFest. The style has been updated on userStyles. I replaced the Quote/etc/etc buttons because I got too tired of looking at the normal ones, but be aware they're subject to change and likely WILL BE changed latter.

Anyway EVERYONE BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THASAUCE LIVE MAGFEST COVERAGE @ STICKAM. </plug>

Ooh, now THAT is some nice quote buttoning.

Thank you muchlyl!!!! Yes, that many bangs were necessary, it's just that good.

I hadn't bothered with this mod before, though I knew it was there - I didn't really mind the previous layout change (even though, I'll admit, the blue one is still hands-down the best-looking), and what with a 1440x900 resolution, the sidebar doesn't get in the way at all. But I just got back from Hawaii to discover that now, OCR has a layout I think looks like crap. So, I applied your layout instead, and while I still like the blue layout the best, yours is way better than any of the other current alternatives. So, thanks!

Thank you muchlyl!!!! Yes, that many bangs were necessary, it's just that good.

I hadn't bothered with this mod before, though I knew it was there - I didn't really mind the previous layout change (even though, I'll admit, the blue one is still hands-down the best-looking), and what with a 1440x900 resolution, the sidebar doesn't get in the way at all. But I just got back from Hawaii to discover that now, OCR has a layout I think looks like crap. So, I applied your layout instead, and while I still like the blue layout the best, yours is way better than any of the other current alternatives. So, thanks!

Rama made a blue skin, but it hasn't been updated to work with vB yet.

The original images loads up before the stylish CSS shoves it out of the way, and posts the new one. That's probably because OCR's servers load faster than ThaSauce's (where the images are hosted).

For me right now NOTHING shows up except edit buttons. Maybe a few cache refreshes or a Firefox restart'll clear it up, I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a change in the forum code that made the forum unusable with the dark style.

Edit: Next order of business? Moved thread icons =P

Nice work Rama. I still had the old Stylish theme running, and was just complaining to myself about the way the links were handled in vBulletin... then finding this and all I was missing out on - great way to pump up the forums.

EDIT: Still getting an overlap between the site location bar (eg, home » forums » General » Community) and the title "info" on the sidebar. Is this just me, a known bug, or what?

EDIT2: Now I'm getting a little bit of what you were talking about - I edited a post in advanced mode (switched screens), then went back. All the context buttons on my post were the original versions, but all the others on the page were the nice new darks ones. What gives?

EDIT3: Is there no replacement for the "closed" button? (the one that replaces the "post reply" button when the mods lock a thread)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, totally new with firefox.

I installed the Stylish plugin, went to write style and blank style.

Pasted the code from Main Style and saved it as that, did the same in another one with the vbulletin edit. Saved both, applied, whatever, but nothing happens. What am I missing?

Incidentally I ought to mention that when I try to save the "main style" one it gives me a sort of syntax error ("was expecting ____ but found___ , do you still want to use code?")

Any help here? I've tried tutorials but they just tell me to do exactly what I've done.

• 1 year later...

First let me say that the skin looks awesome. Only thing I noticed was that there were some images and things that I saw that weren't changed so it left a bunch of white space and images that didn't mesh well with the skin. Is there a way to change those in stylish too? I'll make the images on my own, just wanted to know if there was a way to change them. some examples of what I'm talking about, are the main background, the side bar on the left, some of the text in the sidebar, the read/unread icons, the collapse/expand icons, and the go to last post icon. Just a few things I wanted to fix becasue I have ocd. lemme know.

• Ramaniscence changed the title to OverClocked ReMix Re-Theming - Dark Skin Updated: 2021-07-02