OverClocked ReMix Re-Theming - Dark Skin Updated: 2021-07-02

Ramaniscence

20/200 is all it takes to be legally blind? whew, i'm legally eyeless, then.

20/200 AFTER the highest possible corrective lenses is legally blind, so we're not there ...yet!

I will wait one week from the time of this post until I start bugging you.

It's a pretty easy fix. He just changed the rounded corners from an image based solution to CSS3, I'll have something up today probably.

i'm about 20/60 with my current lenses, which are -11 and -11.5, respectively. so i figure i might be getting close =(

I'm at about -7 in both right now. I don't think there's much hope for me either but...lasec prolly eventually D:

Ahhh... much better...

But is the OCR logo supposed to appear in the Quick Reply box?

Please refer to post one.

• 1 year later...

This is an absolutely ancient bump post, but I was looking for a snippet of Stylish code that limits the display width of the forum. I know someone posted something like that a long time ago, but I'm having a hell of a time finding it.

Does anyone either have that code or at least know how to do it, because I don't really get this shit. At all.

• 1 month later...

Pushed both OCR3 and VGMix out to user styles:

OCR3: http://userstyles.org/styles/1021/overclocked-remix-4-ocr3-remix

VGMix 2: http://userstyles.org/styles/61584/overclocked-remix-4-vgmix-2-style

Some notes:

• OCR3's forums are missing a few buttons, and some links are mucked up. I'm going to try to re-create any buttons that the vB has that the original PHPBB2 theme did not.
  • VGMix 2 does NOT have a themed forums. So for now it's going to fall back to OCR3's forums
  • VGMix 2's logo only works well on 1920x1080 resolutions. I'm trying to figure out a good fix for that.

• 2 years later...

I was hoping the black skin might escape unscathed with the latest update, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I realize the folks who might still be using it are extremely limited, so if nobody cares enough to fix it, then it was fun while it lasted. I figured I would bring this up though, just in case there are a few dark skin diehards like me and anyone wants to try a fix.

Here you go, Rama. I'll go ahead and leave these up as permanent backups and will mirror the updated versions whenever they're ready:

http://kngi.org/miscstuff/OverClocked%20ReMix%204%20-%20Dark%20Style%202010%20(Beautify).tamper.js

http://kngi.org/miscstuff/OverClocked%20ReMix%204%20-%20Dark%20Style%202010.tamper.js

I'm fine with the white look since it's not nearly as blindingly bright as it used to be thanks to the grey gradients, but I do like the black style.

Edited by KyleJCrb

• Ramaniscence changed the title to OverClocked ReMix Re-Theming - Dark Skin Updated: 2021-07-02

First post has been updated with the newest iteration of the style. It's based on Material Dark. It has many issues but is mostly usable for now.

Since I'm overriding the Invision CSS variables, userstyles.org doesn't like the formatting. For now I've posted the CSS directly to the first post, but I'll be putting it up on GitHub when I get on a computer with Git installed 🙄

Yes, I recognize the irony that the code block is yet unstyled.

ocrdark-01.png

ocrdark-03.png

ocrdark-02.png

Edited by Ramaniscence

@Ramaniscence Nice! Just FYI, there should (finally) be some changes coming in a couple weeks to the navigation header, and eventually the forums. Overall theme will be darker, but regions with a lot of text will remain white-on-black, perhaps making a dark theme a bit easier since it will just be toggling those specific sections.

With post content itself, one of the challenges is that Invision allows copying & pasting that includes background & font colors, so while the thread you screencapped looks fine, some posts will look quite wrong (white regions, potentially with light gray text, depending on what's being formatted within the post) - I imagine even this could be fixed with some fancy jQuery, and if that's something you're up for, that same logic could eventually be incorporated into the actual site.

On 7/2/2021 at 9:03 AM, djpretzel said:

@Ramaniscence Nice! Just FYI, there should (finally) be some changes coming in a couple weeks to the navigation header, and eventually the forums. Overall theme will be darker, but regions with a lot of text will remain white-on-black, perhaps making a dark theme a bit easier since it will just be toggling those specific sections.

With post content itself, one of the challenges is that Invision allows copying & pasting that includes background & font colors, so while the thread you screencapped looks fine, some posts will look quite wrong (white regions, potentially with light gray text, depending on what's being formatted within the post) - I imagine even this could be fixed with some fancy jQuery, and if that's something you're up for, that same logic could eventually be incorporated into the actual site.

So I found an example of this, and man is it a particularly nasty issue. It even does it using an in-line style so yea it's going to have to be some kind of JavaScript fix. I'm gonna do some research.

Edited by Ramaniscence

9 minutes ago, Ramaniscence said:

So I found an example of this, and man is it a particularly nasty issue. It even does it using an in-line style so yea it's going to have to be some kind of JavaScript fix. I'm gonna do some research.

Yeah, it's a hard one. I don't think CSS alone will do it, unless inline styles could be consistently overridden using !important or something like that.

jQuery is an option, and possibly the best option; here's a lead that might help: https://dev.to/gamesover/using-jquery-to-fix-background-foreground-color-contrast-automatically-538i