PRC419 - The 17th Anniversary Of PRC (Free Round)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 419
PRCv17-17

Hello everyone and Welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

Time to end 2020 with a free round.

No source limitations (non VG sources and originals are allowed), even MIDI rips are allowed. Remember that it is also allowed to post multiple songs. I don't think ThaSauce can handle with multiple submissions by the same user, but if you want to submit a second song you can post a download link in this thread so I can fix it. I'll limit the number of submssions posted by the same user to 3 (and try to get >1 songs in for this round myself).

http://compo.thasauce.net/rounds/view/PRC419

The deadline is Wednesday January 6th 2021 at 10:59 am ThaSauce time (18:00 UTC, 19:00 GMT), check the link for the exact time left. Make sure that the song is uploaded to ThaSauce or that there’s a download link posted in this thread. 

You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that if you use ThaSauce, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix if you use ThaSauce. Of course you can also upload it somewhere else and put a download link in this thread.

Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted in this thread.

Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they receive a free first place vote added onto their score (when mutiple songs are submitted, the bonus is for every song so it's even more attractive to vote).

The winner of this round may select the source for PRC421, the second round of next season..

You can find the full rules list at this page as well.

GOOD LUCK!

PRC ThaSauce Home Page!

Heya!

I'll let this be my first time joining in on the PRC fun. :)

Think I'll stick to VG remixes, but put a unique spin on whatever themes / sources I use. Will be my first time conglomerating songs together across a series of games to make 1 song.

Hope it works out. >_<

I tried to upload a second song, but that didn't work directly. However, I found a way to get a second song in. First I change the user name from the first song to another username. Then I upload the second song and after that I change the username from the first song back.

So if anyone wants to submit a second song as well, please let me now in this thread (or by PM). If you post a download link I can upload it as well.

23 hours ago, Bundeslang said:

I tried to upload a second song, but that didn't work directly. However, I found a way to get a second song in. First I change the user name from the first song to another username. Then I upload the second song and after that I change the username from the first song back.

So if anyone wants to submit a second song as well, please let me now in this thread (or by PM). If you post a download link I can upload it as well.

I believe also, you can make another account with a different email and name. (And then submit).That works too.

Edited by TheVideoGamer

@Bundeslang

Welp, I can't log out of Compoverse to try Gamer's suggestion. . .

And, unfortunately, I am not a huge fan of having my songs be downloadable in public on the Internet (even though I am aware there's plenty of workarounds people can do to that.)

Unsure what to do? I have a 2nd song I'd like to post up but it's got a blurb for it and Compoverse isn't playing nicely it seems.

19 hours ago, The Vodoú Queen said:

@Bundeslang

Welp, I can't log out of Compoverse to try Gamer's suggestion. . .

And, unfortunately, I am not a huge fan of having my songs be downloadable in public on the Internet (even though I am aware there's plenty of workarounds people can do to that.)

Unsure what to do? I have a 2nd song I'd like to post up but it's got a blurb for it and Compoverse isn't playing nicely it seems.

I think someone already fixed this. I changed something again so if you even plan to make another song you should be able to upload it with your regular account.

If that doesn't work you can e-mail the song to NOSPAMbambombim@gmail.com (removing NOSPAM from the mail adress).

8 songs already (3 by myself and 2 by The VodouQueen) and there's one day left.

Edited by Bundeslang

2 hours ago, Bundeslang said:

I think someone already fixed this. I changed something again so if you even plan to make another song you should be able to upload it with your regular account.

If that doesn't work you can e-mail the song to NOSPAMbambombim@gmail.com (removing NOSPAM from the mail adress).

8 songs already (3 by myself and 2 by The VodouQueen) and there's one day left.

Make that 9 lol.

14 hours ago, The Vodoú Queen said:

JEEZ... Wow that's going well and above AND beyond the call of duty, Gamer!

Wait full OSTs count? That's like over 3 songs. >_> Bruh!

Still tho, can't wait to listen to it since I like Jet Set Radio's aesthetic. ;) :3

So I mulled over this little back and forth and I gotta be the stuffy rule-meister and say, save the qualitative comments until after voting period.  Something like this might make people think TheVideoGamer's entry isn't viable.  Let your votes make that call.   >_> Bruh!!  For DINNER.

Edited by HoboKa
already regretting getting involved in this little back and forth. :D