OCR04265 - *YES* Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons "Temple Spirits"

Rexy

• 3 months later...

I love the palette of instruments you chose to work with here! The eclectic mix of plucky, whimsical instruments, mixed with a wash of chimes and shaker effects all comes together quite nicely. I also appreciated the very sparse use of vocals for additional texture. The only weak link, sequencing-wise, would be the panflute, which has a very unnatural release that causes the notes to cut off abruptly and not join together naturally. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Great expansion on a relatively simple theme - you managed to give it a totally unique character while still keeping the spirit of the original track present at all times. Nice work!

YES

• Emunator changed the title to 2020/08/27 - (1Y) Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons "Temple Spirits"
  • 1 month later...

oh, that's a gorgeous texture up front. the washes of sound are really nice, and i found the vocal 'pad' to be really nice too. there's some very fun percussion being used in here as well. i agree that the panflute isn't a great sample, but it's not egregious.

the song felt like it was done at 1:40, so i was surprised to see that this was only the halfway point. it picked back up though and had more interesting exploration of the arpeggio. there's some odd notes in here (2:05, 2:07, and a few others), and the winds aren't particularly realistic in their orchestration. the outcome is interesting to listen to though, and i liked the later application of some plectral instruments to complement the ongoing harp work. the song hangs on longer than expected - there's another natural fadeout/ending and some fun double-time stuff - but overall the arrangement is really interesting and does a good job expanding on a very minimal source.

nice work.

YES

• prophetik music changed the title to 2020/08/27 - (2Y) Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons "Temple Spirits"
  • 1 month later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to 2020/08/27 - (3Y) Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons "Temple Spirits"
  • 1 month later...

Good work taking source material that's barely a song at all and turning it into something substantial.  It's a weird one in that most of this is added material, but there's no question that the source material is used to the greatest extent possible.  An interesting challenge met.

YES

• MindWanderer changed the title to 2020/08/27 - *YES* Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons "Temple Spirits"
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR04265 - *YES* Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons "Temple Spirits"