(Vocal Remix) Cowboy - Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team - Sky Tower Summit

ad.mixx

I'm hopin' for somethin' to say.
To set you off, let you know, now look the other way
So don't push your luck with me friend
I'm one step away from letting you know how to offend

Chorus:
I'm just a cowboy, tryna' wrangle my pride
i'm just a loud man, whose got something to hide
I'm just a coward, keep my eyes off the Lord
Lookin' for power, so I can't be ignored

Verse 2:
I'm hopin' for somethin' to say
To let you know, I'm afraid, don't look the other way
But if you want me to be your friend
Then look me in the eyes again

Chorus

Bridge:
One breath, one time
Hold me back from the line (x2)

Let me say what I need to say
I don't think that I'll need much more
I don't believe in fate
I don't believe that love
Can erase what he said in James 4
It's says that you will resist those who are proud
Well you can't resist me friend
And all this hope that I feel
Yah it's in the sound
And I'm thinkin' that you'll like the end.

Verse 1

Chorus

Edited by ad.mixx

• ad.mixx changed the title to Cowboy - Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team - Sky Tower Summit Vocal Arrangement

Ok, updated. I will put up for Mod review soon, but I'd really like any thoughts on anything now, as it is done arrangement wise. I might add some background vocals during bridge or maybe do something else there to make it more climatic.

I just had to delete it and reupload to save your ears. The bridge had some really fucked up vocals that I'm still trying to work out mixing wise.

Listen to Cowboy by ad.mixx on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/5uyHx

Edited by ad.mixx

• ad.mixx changed the title to Cowboy - Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team - Sky Tower Summit

It's working now! Wow, this song took me by surprise (good way). The music is full of haunting synths and pads, accented by those plucks and chiptune sounding elements. The vocals also carry a spooky vibe with the filter effects, and the lyrics have an amazing emotional blend of eerie, bitter, and almost dangerous to me. Especially with the Christian references in it. I didn't really find the bridge cheesy. The backing vocals contribute a pretty nice effect, being on the higher sound spectrum. Very fascinating work, I hope you get ahold of a moderator for the real professional feedback you deserve!

• 3 months later...

just a bump, when i get back computer back from shop ill probably be finishing this up first thing. kinda wanna get it out the way. any ideas are helpful. i turned down the plucky instrument in a newer version but can't access it atm. 

EDIT: oh yah, I don't need a review on source usage. I mean it's pretty much all there note by note, same tempo. Didn't actually modify the song itself, just arranged it in a different way and threw vocals on top of it. All vocal melody lines are original. And the first chorus with chiptune is a completely original section. 

Edited by ad.mixx
Said off when I meant down

• 1 month later...
  • ad.mixx changed the title to (Vocal Remix) Cowboy - Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team - Sky Tower Summit