Sonic CD - Quartz Quadrant JP/EU Past (Jazz Remix)

mundiaxis

Soothingly chill, I enjoyed this piece. Percussion and rhythm keeps a good pulse, that distorted piano is atmospheric, and rounded off with a whistle-like synth with that sounds beautifully almost eerie. The bass seemed a tad quiet to me, though it might be my headphones. It may help to take a look at the bass, unless the desired effect is for it to sound a bit muted. Very nice piece. But the abrupt ending jarred me outta the good vibes I had! It may be a good effect to have it fade out, or perhaps end with a breath for reverb. Try some stuff out.

Very nice remix.

On 1/21/2021 at 4:42 PM, Wassup Thunder said:

Soothingly chill, I enjoyed this piece. Percussion and rhythm keeps a good pulse, that distorted piano is atmospheric, and rounded off with a whistle-like synth with that sounds beautifully almost eerie. The bass seemed a tad quiet to me, though it might be my headphones. It may help to take a look at the bass, unless the desired effect is for it to sound a bit muted. Very nice piece. But the abrupt ending jarred me outta the good vibes I had! It may be a good effect to have it fade out, or perhaps end with a breath for reverb. Try some stuff out.

Very nice remix.

Thanks yo!  I appreciate the feedback on what you enjoyed and what it could use more of.  I agree on the ending, it could end smoother.  Thanks for sharing how it specifically impacted you as that lets me know I need to close out songs smoothly in the future, especially if I'm going for the chill feel.

Good thought on the bass, I'll relisten to it in different settings. I know I'm playing some of the lowest notes on a 5 string bass which will come across as quiet depending on the sound system so I may need to bump it up a bit extra.  Thanks for commenting on the mixing, it's something I've been trying to improve on as its what I always get the most critical feedback on.  

Edited by mundiaxis