OCR00148 - GoldenEye 007 "Facility (Hacker Mix)"

GoldenEye 007 'Facility (Hacker Mix)'

Computer hacking sounds at the start. Nice. Strings come in. Sweet. James Bond tune played on xylophone. Corny, but cool. Fat bass. Me like. Crispy drums. You know I like those. Then the hacking sounds come in again. I wouldn't have done that again as the original intro looses it's uniqueness. Anyway, enough of these short five word sentences, lets get into it. I hear a bit of clipping in this being introduced from the drums, which sort of ruins the mix a bit. I like the minimal sound Peeps has kept, it makes it a lot more... spyish. Hey I know it's not a word but I don't care. Bite me :D. I would class the mix in the lower end of the Peeples pile, I think compared to his earlier offerings he just didn't try as hard here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Oh yes. Plenty variety, great bass, and the effects actually blend well with the music. That's good stuff.

I'd like to hear a Bond remix with some guitar in it however, please email me or post the link hear if you've come accross one, thank you.

those hacking sound were realy cool but hacking? :roll: not realy try connceting to mdem and keyboard type but very cool

Then what does hacking actually sound like?

• 4 weeks later...

I must admit, I have horrible memories of the Facility round in that game. My brother kept killing me and stuff like that.......ANYWAY, but as soon as I heard the music, I knew it was Facility music. It's really good, no matter what memories it brings, so keep it up!

Hacking sounds different, depending on what you're burying the machete into, duh.

Yet another of the classics from this site that I keep listening to. For what it's worth, the Facility was my favorite multi-player AND single-player level from Goldeneye. In fact, every time I see the movie, I compare the accuracy of the movie TO the game. I used to play this level over and over again, just trying out different things. And I'm an enormous fan of the Matrix. Therefore, this mix, in my psychotic opinion, kicks the huge nabookie ass.

I just can't say enough good things about this mix. So, I won't. GO DOWNLOAD IT, OR I'LL TRACE YOUR SIGNAL, AND PERSONALLY HUNT YOU DOWN AND DELETE YOU.

• 4 weeks later...

Let us just say that Facility (Hacker) is one of the best remixes i've heard yet, just bringing together all the neccesaries into one song. The piano the drums it's all a smooth tone that we all needed to hear. A hint of haunting tunes just seem to grab me (and anybody) to make you listen OVER AND OVER AGAIN! May I say that if i had any clue how to remix, because Fruity Loops is too complex for a moron such as I. I would have to have this song as an inspiration. I highly recommend it, but that means nothing does it! ANYWHO Love it, gotta have it, nice job.

Echo Tyme Signing off...

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...

hey, when i first got this, i only listened to the beginning, yeah, the computer/dial up thing really didnt sound like a remix, so i was put off for a bit. but after i listened to the full thing, i really found it interesting... i like the piano, not really James Bond-ish, but thats wat makes it cool...

anyone else really love the James Bond theme? i love it, man theres a club at school were we go watch Bond movies, its wicked. anyways...

yeah, if ur smart download this

• 3 months later...

This is one of the most original remixes I've heard.

The begining "hacking" noise with the dial-up modem is great. The little alarm sounds bring back great memories of Goldeneye 64. The sound quality is amazing; I've never heard remixes that sounded so clean. He begins it and wraps it up very nicely though, some remixes seem to just fade while I'm expecting more. Peeples closes it without leaving me feel like there should be more.

One of my favorites, no doubt.

• 1 year later...

I gotta comment on the intro.. Why would you be typing while waiting for a modem to connect? Reality aside, it really set the mood and was a great way to start a very strong mix. I love how it switches so seamlessly from the rocking parts to the softer parts, and how the alarm matches the beat. It has a great flow, kicking from hacking to action and back again. The drums change beats several times, keeping things interesting, and the samples all around are fantastic.

Recommended.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm impressed that this one comes through as strongly as it does, because I thought the Goldeneye soundtrack was so reliant on the James Bond theme it would be impossible to remix. And while the Facility theme doesn't actually come into this until the 0:50 point, I can excuse it for having a damn strong opening. The modem dialling brings me back, as does the xylophone Bond theme so distinct to the Goldeneye game.

I think there is far too much Bond theme in here, something that is hard to get around considering the source, but the parts with the Facility theme are quite cool and nostaligic for me. The countless hours I spent setting remote mine traps in the Facility with my friends may be affecting my judgement, but this mix is as hardcore as the N64 itself.

• 5 months later...

I really like the atmosphere this one puts forward; a hacker atempts to do his work, fails, and trips off the alarms, and the rest of the track has a nicely complementary cybernetic/fiber optic feel to it. I can feel the undercurrent of tension running through this mix, which that's good. It quickens the pulse but without excessive energy, so it does feel like an appropriate theme for if the crux of the situation rested on a hacker in a basement's success instead of just beating up all the thugs.

Ultimately, I like this because the atmosphere is consistent here; I especially like how the initial sound effects are repeated later on.

• 3 weeks later...

Ahhhh... I can see myself now, creeping around the facility, silenced PP7 in my right hand (my arm aching from holding the gun directly in front of me at ALL times)... goooood memories.

Nostalgia aside, Mr. Peeples' aptly titled Hacker Mix perfectly conveys the tension of stealthing around the facility.

It's been said before, but the all the dial-up/hacking in etc sound effects, followed by the alarm sounding: genius.

• 2 years later...

When I first got to OCR, I was only looking for games I recognized and loved. Goldeneye was one of those games and I was disappointed that the site only had two mixes at the time. However, those mixes were good stuff. This one is so much fun. I love the tone it sets in the beginning but then it really starts moving. The ending was always cool to me, just slowly leaving the fight like a real agent.

• 2 years later...
:lol: The dial-up sound effects always make me laugh. The "not-so-good" ol' days of computers. It sets up the hacker atmosphere pretty well, especially with the sirens following it with the Bond undertones. Nice to hear some of those computer clicking sounds and such come back in later on. Great spy vibe and a great ReMix overall. Definitely an old-school gem.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00148 - GoldenEye 007 "Facility (Hacker Mix)"