How did you spend NYE

~Jessica~

http://www.newyearsla.com/

I got there in the parking lot just as midnight struck, so that was another huge negative. And you just..had to be on something to enjoy it. I chose to be sober (well, also because my friend who was already there refused to give me anything, saying I came when it was already half over, so it would be useless). And I honestly went through hell just getting there, since I had a flat tire and it was a 90 mile trip, so I was paranoid the whole time.

Yeah, I go to raves sober all the time. The one I went to was a much smaller venue (capacity: 500) but the production company (Grumpy Old Men Productions) doesn't waste their time sealing up headliners and that bullshit - but rather focuses on the atmosphere of the place by means of decoration and varying the music.

I liked it.

Yeah, I go to raves sober all the time. The one I went to was a much smaller venue (capacity: 500) but the production company (Grumpy Old Men Productions) doesn't waste their time sealing up headliners and that bullshit - but rather focuses on the atmosphere of the place by means of decoration and varying the music.

I liked it.

That's what I wanted to do :[

Still not bad.

New Year's Even in Hong Kong was ridiculous. People have been trampled to death in the past so they regulate it as extremely as possible. In order to get on the bar street you have to wait in a miles long line, packed full of people. An estimated 400,000 turned out into the streets, and at least 20,000 were packed into these four square blocks.

We almost didn't make it and I got a little upset. Last year I missed it because my roomate broke his ankle, so we spent it low key in the ex-pat neighborhood. So I was more than ready for the chaos.

And it was chaotic. We finally made the bar street at 12:15 and proceeded to sit there and drink for the next four hours. Bars began dropping cover fees so I could go in and get good beer without paying the hundred and fifty dollars for the hand stamp. So I did.

Five hours passed, walking around this street. We saw pukers, met people from around the world and generally had a blast. We caught the bus back across the border at 5:30 and I fell into bed at 7:30. I don't think I can do that again, but man was it awesome once.

If you're ever in the neighborhood on December 31st you owe it to yourself to attend.

Me and a mate were gonna go find something to do but his mom sprained her ankle so he couldn't go out because he had to watch her, we ended up playing Gears of War online.

Nice. A friend brought a SNES over and we pretty much took the ol' Mario Kart for a spin 7 hours straight. Oh yeah, I can't forget the New Years rap collab I did with some other dudes, and my cousin doing nasty karaoke with Usher's "Yeah." He couldn't sing well, but it was worth watching.