Twilight Princess OST?

wintermadness

I certainly hope so. I'm quite far into the game now, and I'm STILL finding ace music (I won't say which, so as to avoid spoilers). I'd love to see a full OST release for it. Hell, I'd buy it. I'm fairly certain there'll be one, what with it being a very highbrow/anticipated game, quite when it'll be is another story.

Mostly I'd want it so I could tell who composed what on the score, presuming Nintendo would do individual track credits (they did with OoT, didn't they?) I'm almost certain about some songs being Kondo, and it'd be ace to see a breakdown of who did what. So yeah, I'm pretty convinced he didn't just take a backseat as the game audio director, there's definitely some kondo musix in there.

I'll see if I can find some line-in stuff for now. Some tracks are just dead cool.

I've got a list of links available for Twilight Princess music. Look here.

There's over 100 songs among those links. I think it's over 3 hours of audio. Some of the recordings are less than steller (those in the "lots of twilight princess music" file), but it's pretty decent, for the time being.

Also, for the first link in the Pastebin link, you'll need Winamp and in_cube to play the files. The second link in the Pastebin link is the same as the first, except in MP3 form (the first link supports infinite looping, the second doesn't). Please enjoy. At the time that I gather all those links, that was everything that I'd found. Mouser X out.

Mostly I'd want it so I could tell who composed what on the score, presuming Nintendo would do individual track credits (they did with OoT, didn't they?) I'm almost certain about some songs being Kondo, and it'd be ace to see a breakdown of who did what. So yeah, I'm pretty convinced he didn't just take a backseat as the game audio director, there's definitely some kondo musix in there.

I'll see if I can find some line-in stuff for now. Some tracks are just dead cool.

Kondo was credited last of the three composers- in order, Toru Minegishi of Majora's Mask fame, Asuka Ota, and Kondo. Methinks he's only in there for credit of previous Zelda tunage that gets arranged in TP.. what tracks were you sure of having his mark?

Kondo was credited last of the three composers- in order, Toru Minegishi of Majora's Mask fame, Asuka Ota, and Kondo. Methinks he's only in there for credit of previous Zelda tunage that gets arranged in TP.. what tracks were you sure of having his mark?

MILD SPOILERS

Certainly the stuff that came from OoT and any other zelda game he's worked on, yeah. Some of those may be covers of his stuff by the other two composers like you say, but others may actually be Kondo rearranging his own music... it's harder to tell with those. In addition to that though, here's some original tunes I clocked as being his:

Agitha's Castle

Fruit Minigame

Ordon Village (I'm pretty much dead certain about those first three =P)

probably Ilia's Theme too...

Not sure what you'd call it but the "sad" music when inside the houses in Ordon (only earlier in the game)

The music when Midna is sent outside the twilight realm

The Postman's tune

..and also the music when you're flying up the river on the twilight bird/hawk/eagle - seriously, StarFox 64 much?!

There's probably more I'm forgetting, I'll have to download the various mp3s hanging around and listen more closely.

Incidentally, I don't think he did the Hyrule Field theme =P.

Could be wrong of course, especially because I'm not familiar with much music by the other two composers (so I don't have a mental picture of their "style"), but there's a certain way I've heard him use jazz progressions/melodies for decades, and some of those tracks would have evoked the "Kondo" response in me without me even knowing they were from a game he composed for.

Would be very interesting to see, for sure.