Dragon Warrior: Children of Erdrick - Send all WIPs to Monobrow!

Rexy

• 5 months later...

Hey do whatever!

This project makes me sad mostly because I love Dragon Quest SO MUCH.

Also I am still here, still around. If you want to do anything, please give it a shot, and I mean ANYTHING at this point. Honestly I think most of the music can be redone or revamped. I also think that the lean towards orchestral is kind of not so needed now considering the already AMAZING orchestral interpretations done by Koichi and the London Philharmonic themselves...

If ANYONE has a song they would like to contribute, send me a WIP! I will try to keep in touch with REXY about this too.

The only songs you should not touch at ALL are obviously Reuben Kee's... IMO

I THINK IT IS A REAL SHAME THAT REUBEN MADE AWESOME MUSIC AND IT WILL PROBABLY NEVER SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY JUST BECAUSE THIS PROJECT WILL NEVER BE RELEASED AT THE CURRENT INTEREST RATE.

Not to sound guilt-inducing, but don't you guys want to hear his music, hear some of the last stuff he produced? I know I would. If only for this dude's memory, I think people should give this project another shot.

Anyway, that's how I feel about it for the most part, come on guys!

If anyone has an arrangement but no good sounds/mix skills I can use whatever sounds I have - mostly synths or synthy soundscaping - on it. I'm in too many projects to start writing an arrangement for this atm, but I'm available to help out with (mostly synth) sounds and mixing. This project needs more love.

edit: Don't let my mediocre posted remixes fool you*, I now have Omnisphere at my disposal. Sound goodness abounds. Need a new age ethereal pad, or a Tesla coil lead, waterbowls, or an e-bowed (insert string instrument here)...? :D

* you, fellow ocremix-reading-remixing-person

• 1 month later...

Damn, it took me almost 10 minutes to find this thread...

This project needs a boost. Maybe it should be advertised more OUTSIDE OCR too.

About remixing for this project: I've already done 2 remixes for this and am willing to do one more if I find the time.

I hope this project does see the light of day sometime.

Mono, could you try and get the first post updated a bit? I sent my 2nd remix to Rexy (and probably you) AGES ago and it's still on the Untaken Songs list.