PRC424 - Freedom Adventure (Turrican II)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 424
PRCv18-05

Hello everyone and Welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

In PRC422, six songs were uploaded to the Compo ThaSauce page. Only one could win and it was Anachromium who was the lucky one.

On 3/1/2021 at 11:02 PM, anachromium said:

Hey!

Thank you also for your kind words in the comments!

After this surprisingly dark round I feel like there's need for something that really lifts the spirits. Therefore I'll go with "Freedom" by Chris Hülsbeck from Turrican II. Let's see what ya'll get out of this one!

All the best

anachromium

Turrican_2_-_Freedom.mid 20.71 kB · 1 download

Source: Turrican 2 (Amiga) - Freedom

http://compo.thasauce.net/files/materials/PRC424_Turrican_2_-_Freedom.mid

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turrican_II:_The_Final_Fight

http://compo.thasauce.net/rounds/view/PRC424

The deadline is Wednesday April 7th 2021 at 10:59 am ThaSauce time (18:00 UTC, 19:00 GMT), check the link http://compo.thasauce.net/rounds/view/PRC424 for the exact time left. Make sure that the song is uploaded to ThaSauce or that there’s a download link posted in this thread. 

You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that if you use ThaSauce, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix if you use ThaSauce. Of course you can also upload it somewhere else and put a download link in this thread.

Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted in this thread.

Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they receive a free first place vote added onto their score.

The winner of this round may select the source for PRC426.

The winner of PRC422, Anachromium, who picked this source, has a double vote but can only participate by submitting a Bonus Mix 

You can find the full rules list at this page as well.

GOOD LUCK!

PRC Home Page

Wow, I love this. :0

I never played Turrican before, but I have heard little bits and pieces about it. But the song itself sounds like the game would be pretty damned cool and fun to play!

Dude kinda looks like RoboCop too. XD ♥ I'm guessing it's an action-platformer, so would be fun to try out someday. :D

16 minutes ago, The Vodoú Queen said:

Wow, I love this. :0

I never played Turrican before, but I have heard little bits and pieces about it. But the song itself sounds like the game would be pretty damned cool and fun to play!

Dude kinda looks like RoboCop too. XD ♥ I'm guessing it's an action-platformer, so would be fun to try out someday. :D

I was more of a Mega Turrican guy. Never really paid attention to the others. That's the one i'm most familiar with.

This source is quite lovely actually, i'd love to have a crack at this.

Heck, I played Super Turrican once on an emulator. All I remember is something about lightning guns, blasty shockwaves, and a morphball buzz saw. Now I want to try and orchestrate the heck outta this until it sounds outta Martin O'Donnel/Michael Salvatori's playbook. Or at least sorta cinematic.

1 hour ago, Wassup Thunder said:

Heck, I played Super Turrican once on an emulator. All I remember is something about lightning guns, blasty shockwaves, and a morphball buzz saw. Now I want to try and orchestrate the heck outta this until it sounds outta Martin O'Donnel/Michael Salvatori's playbook. Or at least sorta cinematic.

I have to admit, I never got to play Turrican myself (should probably change that sometime), but I really got hooked by the music, when I heard it's Main Theme on the "Symphonic Shades" album couple years ago. Simply amazing stuff, here's the live performance of it. Already looking forward to hear what ya gonna do with this one! 

And also: thank you for the MIDI, but I think I did attach one. The link is above the Youtube link in bundeslang's post. ;) But as I'm not sure of how good it really is - it looked okay though - a second source is always nice to have. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I submitted with ONE minute left to spare...

...I really need to stop giving myself a heart attack and little to no time to even put my thoughts together. xD But I think it turned out basically how I wanted it, minus an addition at the end I had an idea for but had to scrap. :(

2 minutes ago, The Vodoú Queen said:

I submitted with ONE minute left to spare...

...I really need to stop giving myself a heart attack and little to no time to even put my thoughts together. xD But I think it turned out basically how I wanted it, minus an addition at the end I had an idea for but had to scrap. :(

For a second i was really confused lol. Like how did you managed to submit, the round deadline appear to be over last i submitted, until i released you were at the very last minute before closing haha....close call eh?

Edited by TheVideoGamer

Welcome to the voting stage

The mixing stage is over. This round has songsThe following people compete against each other:

Souperion

Wassup Thunder

TheVideoGamer

TheVodouQueen

To vote, do the following:

Visit http://compo.thasauce.net/rounds/view/PRC424 and listen to all the entries

Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen or click PM.

Fill in the entries from first to third in the ThaSauce form or fill in your top 3.

State a reasoning for it.

Participants are encouraged to vote and leave feedback. They get a 3 point bonus, but they are not allowed to vote for their own track.

Always look in this thread to find out who's the winner of the round after the voting stage instead of only looking at ThaSauce for the results.

You have until Tuesday April 13th 2021 6:59 AM ThaSauce time (11:00 UTC, 12:00 GMT) to vote.

EDIT: 20 hours extra.

If you vote by PM make sure that your top 3 is clear. I prefer something like this:

(To)

(Subject)

PRC ### Vote

(Message):

1: (remixer A )

2: (remixer B )

3: (remixer C )

(reasoning)

Edited by Bundeslang

19 minutes ago, TheVideoGamer said:

For a second i was really confused lol. Like how did you managed to submit, the round deadline appear to be over last i submitted, until i released you were at the very last minute before closing haha....close call eh?

I'm special like that. ;)

Probably not in a complimentory way! XD ;)

On 4/7/2021 at 7:34 PM, The Vodoú Queen said:

I'm special like that. ;)

Probably not in a complimentory way! XD ;)

I'm surprised the system let you submit, because i was 2 minutes on the dot, and when it  eventually, loaded the round had ended lol. But it's a relief we have 4 entries. More to discuss...

Edited by TheVideoGamer

43 minutes ago, Bundeslang said:

I'll add 20 hours to the voting stage since I won't be able to announce the results earlier.

Oh gosh, thank you!! I completely missed the ending of the compo and the whole voting stage. :blink: A bit much on my mind these days - same reason there's no bonus entry from me. Guess, I was lucky. 8O But as I stroll through the posts, it seems that timing wasn't only an issue for me. :D

53 minutes ago, anachromium said:

My vote's in.

You have no idea how hard that vote was for me.  Having the burden of double points when wanting to give everyone a first place is simply cruel. Good job everyone, great stuff!

For me the same, the results are also very close (except for the winner).

It's results time.

Souperion gets the last place wooden spoon but still got 10 points.

TheVideoGamer got 11 points and gets third place.

TheVodouQueen received 12 points, worth a second place.

And the winner of PRC424 is Wassup Thunder by unanimous decision with 21 points.

Wassup Thunder you are the winner. You may pick a source for PRC426. Send the source to me (with a MID/MP3 file, otherwise send a second source with a MID file) by PM, other options are PM me @ ThaSauce or by e-mailing to bambombim@gmail.com (I prefer a PM @Ocremix). Send your source as fast as you can, but before next Wednesday (31 March 2021), 11:00 AM ThaSauce time (18:00 UTC, 19:00 GMT).

You may select any source from any game, but not a source with an OverClocked remix or a source which has been used in PRC before. An overview of the past PRC's can be found in the following links (I recently updated this site):

http://sites.google.com/site/bambombim/prc

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/PRCRemixList.doc (also downloadable via the link above).

http://compo.thasauce.net/rounds/view/PRC424 for the votes and comments.

PRC425 already started: