MnP 123: Double Dose: Shinobii III - Inner Darkside & Rise of the Robots - BHFO3 Builder

TheVideoGamer

On 4/17/2021 at 1:22 AM, The Vodoú Queen said:

Also, in case people don't know or understand what I meant by the vague inspiration from my genre choice for the song:

The Glitch Mob is a trio electronica group. Song is slightly influenced from their earlier work like this album. Quite good stuff if you're interested. 

Also sorry for the extremely short blurb for my song. Was pretty angry and slightly frustrated with it. Really love both songs but IDK. I found the process of splicing them together incredibly hard by comparison to other people's experience (as well as trying a new genre-blend, while trying to keep in the MnP spirit) and felt like autistic screeching was going on in my brain by the end of it.

Seems to be the case I struggle with fusing songs together. Probably just something I need to work on. Hope people enjoy it nonetheless. o/ See y'all after the voting polls.

You don't need to worry about fusing the songs, but more so about the creativity that goes into it. I just go by my brain to be honest lol.

On 4/17/2021 at 10:09 PM, Souperion said:

Hey, splicing songs together and whatnot is inherently tough stuff, don't feel too bad about struggling with it. From experience, it's typically easier when you actually get to choose the subject songs XD. The attempt itself is an accomplishment.

A good technique for me, when mixing songs, is to take the harmony of one, and the melody of the other, and try and work them into each other. Alternatively you can re-arrange the melody slightly, to fit the tempo/time signature. I don't mean change the melody, but instead adjust the length of some notes, or the position of the note.

Results

• In 1st place with 16 points: Wassup Thunder
  • In 2nd place with 12 points: TheVodouQueen
  • And the joint last place heroes both with 10 points are: TheVideoGamer and Souperion.

Wassup Thunder please PM me with your source pick for Round 124. Ideally for next week. (Roughly the 3rd of May)

Congrats to everyone who participated, you peeps did great! 

Comments:

Nothing to add here, great turnout this month!