Thunder Force IV - "Superliminal" (Space Walk Remix)

When I was a kid, Thunder Force IV was one of my favorite games to play on the Sega Genesis!! Like most who have had the joy of playing the game, I adored the soundtrack immediately. I know most folks are partial to the heavy metal themes from the game, but Space Walk is the music most memorable to me, so I opted to cover it instead of popular pieces such as Lightning Strikes Again or Evil Destroyer (plus I'm terrible at gallop picking lol). I sequenced this in GarageBand, but only the drums, bass, and piano are stock software instruments. I used Zebra2 for all the other synths because the stock synths in GarageBand weren't up to the job, and I was too lazy to try and configure my own patches lol. If only Apple would open up all of Alchemy for GarageBand, and not just Logic X (>_<)

This piece is a little intimidating to arrange, not only because of the odd time signatures, but because the Technosoft sound team pulled off some tech wizardry when creating the tones they used to arrange this piece. I wasn't entirely sure I could produce something that sounded comparable, let alone "better," but I think the end result of my efforts is a solid modernization if I do say so myself (^_^)

I won't be submitting my arrangement, because I realize it has too little variation compared to the original, but I thought I'd still share this with the rest of you! 

Song Title: "Superluminal" (Space Walk Remix)

Originally Composed By: Toshiharu Yamanishi and Takeshi Yoshida

Arranged and Performed By: The Native Dialect

BPM: 110

Style: Synthwave/Progressive Jazz

Time Signature: 7/8 - 4/4 (bridge)

Hardware: iMac

Software: GarageBand, Audacity, Zebra2

Superliminal

Source