Final Fantasy VII - Cid's Theme

H36T

Took a break from my more uhh, finicky projects to try my hand at Cid's Theme. I think there are some rhythm issues that I could never get fully quantized but it mostly works out. Mostly though I wanted to do a little quiet part and then bring it really big haha. Thankfully YouTube saved me with compression to hide some of the faults with my EQ abilities. I hope you enjoy it! 

Edited by HarlemHeat360
Forgot the link...

Now it works. Nice piece, I enjoy the progression of instrumentation and vibes, it begins with a dramatic fanfare feel that transistions into a moment of elegance that concludes with that energetic guitar. Good work! I'm curious about the percussion you used in this piece, what kinda instruments are they? It really creates that cinematic orchestra vibe that I've been trying to figure how to define.

I think all the percussion here is from Damage 2. Except the Windchimes that is. I really think if you are just casually making music like me with only a few other projects on the side, then Damage 2 is kind of just...an all in one solution for cinematic percussion. I mean, some of my other percussion works well but they came from packs of other things or were just nice free stuff I picked up along the way. Some people say Damage 2 isn't very versatile because of the heavy industrial sound but I somewhat disagree. It just needs some taming and loving and care if you want it to do other things. Perhaps one of my favorite thi gs is the amount of loops and loop stems it has. I suck at rhythm but having lots of HQ loops has made me want to use more and more! It's just super fun. Definitely in my top 3 for money spent on a VST. It was the last thing I got though and will be for a long...long while hahaha. Check it out!