PRC427 - Attack From Tetris Blocks (Panel De Pon)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 427
PRCv18-07

Hello everyone and Welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

In PRC425 it was Souperion who won the round. Like all previous winners, he got to pick the next source.

On 4/27/2021 at 2:52 AM, Souperion said:

I choose "Lip's Theme" from Panel de Pon for PRC427. Panel de Pon is the Japanese version of the SNES's Tetris attack, where the cast is composed of fairies with varying dominions. Lip's is flowers. It's a plucky, spunky song, just ripe for remixing.

Lip's Theme.mid 23.87 kB · 0 downloads

Source: Panel De Pon (SNES) - Lip's Theme

http://compo.thasauce.net/files/materials/PRC427_Lip's Theme.mid

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetris_Attack

http://compo.thasauce.net/rounds/view/PRC427

The deadline is Wednesday May 26th 2021 at 10:59 am ThaSauce time (18:00 UTC, 19:00 GMT), check the link http://compo.thasauce.net/rounds/view/PRC427 for the exact time left. Make sure that the song is uploaded to ThaSauce or that there’s a download link posted in this thread. 

You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that if you use ThaSauce, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix if you use ThaSauce. Of course you can also upload it somewhere else and put a download link in this thread.

Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted in this thread.

Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they receive a free first place vote added onto their score.

The winner of this round may select the source for PRC429.

The winner of PRC425, Souperion, who picked this source, has a double vote but can only participate by submitting a Bonus Mix 

You can find the full rules list at this page as well.

GOOD LUCK!

PRC Home Page

Edited by Bundeslang

• Bundeslang changed the title to PRC427 - Attack From Tetris Blocks (Panel De Pon)
  • 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the voting stage

The mixing stage is over. This round has songs and 1 bonus mix by SouperionThe following people compete against each other:

Wassup Thunder

TheVideoGamer

TheVodouQueen

To vote, do the following:

Visit http://compo.thasauce.net/rounds/view/PRC427 and listen to all the entries

Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen or click PM.

Fill in the entries from first to third in the ThaSauce form or fill in your top 3.

State a reasoning for it.

Participants are encouraged to vote and leave feedback. They get a 3 point bonus, but they are not allowed to vote for their own track. They only have to fill in their top 2, leave the third box empty.

Always look in this thread to find out who's the winner of the round after the voting stage instead of only looking at ThaSauce for the results.

You have until Monday May 31st 2021 6:59 AM ThaSauce time (11:00 UTC, 12:00 GMT) to vote.

If you vote by PM make sure that your top 3 is clear. I prefer something like this:

(To)

(Subject)

PRC ### Vote

(Message):

1: (remixer A )

2: (remixer B )

3: (remixer C )

(reasoning)

Next round already started:

Edited by Bundeslang

It's results time.

Souperion did a bonus mix.

Wassup Thunder got 10 points but ends with the last place wooden spoon.

TheVodouQueen received 11 points and second place.

And the winner of PRC427 is TheVideoGamer with 13 points.

TheVideoGamer you are the winner. You may pick a source for PRC429. Send the source to me (with a MID/MP3 file, otherwise send a second source with a MID file) by PM, other options are PM me @ ThaSauce or by e-mailing to bambombim@gmail.com (I prefer a PM @Ocremix). Send your source as fast as you can, but before next Wednesday (8 June 2021), 11:00 AM ThaSauce time (18:00 UTC, 19:00 GMT).

You may select any source from any game, but not a source with an OverClocked remix or a source which has been used in PRC before. An overview of the past PRC's can be found in the following links (I recently updated this site):

http://sites.google.com/site/bambombim/prc

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/PRCRemixList.doc (also downloadable via the link above).

http://compo.thasauce.net/rounds/view/PRC427 for the votes and comments.

PRC428 already started:

Oh snap i didn't know it was already over. I was out 3 days on vacation so i did not have time to check upon the website, especially since mobile reception can be difficult, and i'm consistently moving, anyways congrats to those who participated, i will give you a source very shortly!

Since i couldn't make voting, i'll post some thoughts about each track below:

TheVodouQueen - Really nice 80's drum machine sounds, this is a very cool idea, especially since the source is very hyper and almost uplifting to begin with. The drums seem to me like a loop. Only because they seem to clip at the end of each repeat, implying that it's not timed to the tempo. I don't hate it, but it's something to keep an eye out. The vocals are amazing, it fits so well with the melody, amazing choice there. I love the melody here too, it's very simple, but works so well with the source. The only problem i have with this, is that it feels very consistent. It's not so much it can't be done, but i feel it needs more to distinguish itself from the different parts.(Especially since we have the melody on repeat, which i could have added some chords or a new melody) Also the drums like i said feels like it clips before it loops, but that might just be me noticing. All in all i do love the vocals, amazing addition there, and the vibes were lovely! Well done!

Wassup Thunder - Really like the synth work here, it's such a great rework of the original. It's very much got the trademark Wassup Thunder euro feeling, with the drums and synths. I do like how everything flows as well, great intro, leading up to the melody. If i had to point out a flow, and that would be the drums are super aggressive at times, especially in the first half. It's not so much they don't work it's more so it's very busy. The second half is awesome though, i loved the switch up, definitely a great idea. Love the cute aspect too, very fun directions to take me.  Really the drums are only a minor thing, and i think it's primarily the drum solo that threw me off guard, hence why i said it was busy. All in all though, lovely work! Well done!

Souperion - Liking the light percussion in the background, very soft and almost ethnic influenced. Definitely feels Japanese inspired. The melody translates well here, great phrasing, the sound choices work super well here. The melodic ideas actually thinking about it, really do seem to fit this style a lot. The only flaw i have, if i were to suggest improvements would be to add a bassline. It's missing a bassline big time. Maybe i'm more accustomed to basslines, but i feel the low end could really bring character to the source. Also it's a little simple, but this could be in part the stylistic choices, since not all musical genres need a lot of sounds and instruments to function, who knows. Still though you did a great job with this, i'm in love with the Japanese like sounds, lovely work there. Great direction, and musical choices, well done!

Hopefully i can get back on track, especially since the journey took 4 hours lol.