Fixing Failed CRC Check or "Corrupt" Files (Project Chaos)

SpiralKipz

I don't have the original files from all those years ago when I first listened to this album when it released, but I do know that both the torrent version and the HTML download of the WIP files (and Heads Up for Tails) are all "corrupt" in a sense and can't be played in any normal media players I have.

When opening them with Audacity to see if I could export them in a different format I was presented with an MP3 Decoding Failed message mentioning that the CRC check failed. In VLC I can play about a second or two at a time from any point in the songs as long as I click around to navigate the files, but it'll cut out so if I wanted to listen through all the way I'd need to manually click along the slider with the song every second.

• 1 month later...

I have the fixed version of these files still (I fixed them long ago using whatever tool the old site for the album recommended). The tags on the files have likely been changed from the originals, but as far as I know they play just fine. Here's the link for the seven WIP tracks:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f7hm7y8cnffjd9f/Project Chaos - WIP Tracks Fixed.zip?dl=0

23 hours ago, Tyler Gill said:

I have the fixed version of these files still (I fixed them long ago using whatever tool the old site for the album recommended). The tags on the files have likely been changed from the originals, but as far as I know they play just fine. Here's the link for the seven WIP tracks:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f7hm7y8cnffjd9f/Project Chaos - WIP Tracks Fixed.zip?dl=0

Awesome, thanks so much! As of writing this, it's a miracle to be able to get 50 seconds into a song ahaha.