spacepony - Let’s Go Mario (SMW)

theycallmeTUNE

Hey everyone!

Apologies if I'm posting in the incorrect spot, but I’m looking for a few remixes by OC Remix legend “spacepony.”

I've been having a hard time tracking down especially one particular remix he made years ago (title of this post). I swear it was on this site (can't really figure where else it would have been anyway) and I'm not having any luck searching here or on YouTube.

As the title implies, it was a remix of the Overworld (Main Theme) from Super Mario World.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

Best,
TUNE
Edited by theycallmeTUNE
Fixed the name of the video game

When you mentioned spacepony the "Mariocean" remix came instantly to my mind. I remember my uncle, who passed away past year, really loved it when I burned a whole CD for him full of VGM remixes downloaded from sites like OCRemix and VGMix back in my teenager days. It is still up in OCR here, totally recomended to anyone who didn't listen yet: https://ocremix.org/remix/OCR01147

Unfortunately I know nothing about that other remix you mention, "Let's go Mario", so I'm interested as well. SMW Swimming theme has some strong similarities with the Overworld theme, so is there a chance it's that one you are searching for?

Hey man! Thanks for your reply! No sir, it’s completely different from the “Mariocean” Remix which has a 3/4 bar structure and is more like a lullaby, which can be heard in the original Swimming (BGM) game music as well.

“Let’s Go Mario” is a 4/4 bar structure and is more of a filter house sound.  DEFINITELY a dance tune that is an interpolation of the Overworld Theme.  

I promise it exists because I’ve found it on a P2P site but the user hasn’t logged on in weeks so it won’t download!

I also vividly remember the remixer “spacepony” having a personal website where all of these remixes lived, but that was like 10 years ago. 

Best,

TUNE

Okay, just tried searching by author and title, and found this playlist in an old Geocites site, which includes this line:
3338. spacepony - Let's Go Mario (Super Mario World).mp3

He says "To download any of these files, please send an IM to me, jeffrey_d_99 on Yahoo! Messenger,", and I know nothing about Yahoo's messaging state nowadays, but when you search his nickname on the net you see he has an active Twitter account. Maybe you can try contacting him to ask for the mp3 file? Hopefully he didn't lost it :)