Whats's your all-time favorite OCR Album (if you can pick one)

Deathtank

And the one you came back to listen to more often?

Of course, I love them all and there's always albums you like more than others, but is there an album above them all?

For me personally, that album that I love the most is: Project Chaos, the S&k remix album.

I came back to listen to it today after a looong time and I gotta say, it still rocks my sox like the first day!

I love every remixer who has contributed iwth a remix but my favorite of them all is Gamebox, I wonder what is he doing nowadays? I know he changed his nickname but I couldn't follow him like I'd have wanted, I hope he's ok.

Post your own favorite album if you feel like it. ;) 

Yeah, definitely Super Cartography Bros. for me. Everyone just knocked it out of the part on that one. And sure, I like the ones I directed just fine, it's just that SCB just really realized that idea of blowing out those map themes into club bangers.

Club Ocarina is also a really good one, from mostly the same team.

The Seiken Densetsu 3 project - because I was on that project for 12 years and shit blood for it more than once in my sanity-defying, reality-molesting quest to finish that god-literally-forsaken project for you testicle-explodingly-pedantic listeners to like it less than any other project ever made.

I feel like I permanently gave up a portion of my humanity to see it to the end...

It's hard to not pick an album you directed.  I poured a ton of myself into A World Reignited and I feel like everyone on that album brought their A game.   Arcadia Legends gave me the chance to do my first ReMix.

Personal biases aside though. I have to give a shout out to Reserve Tank: VARIAtions.   Watching the community rally around Blind and crank that album out in a ludicrously short amount of time was a sight to behold. it also gave us some absolute gems, among them: Big Giant Circles' "In Your Prime"  and Zircon & (then) Pixietricks' Kindred, which is easily in my top 5 remixes on all of OCR.    

Edited by TSori

That Sonic CD one. Temporal something...

That Skies of Arcadia one.  Arcadia ...somethings. 

and the last badass album.  Para-somethings and Rene-somethings.  

The fact i was on these albums is irrelevant... but in order to at least attempt to not seem biased I'd add Vroom to the list as well. 

I have not posted anything in years, let alone visited OCR.  But Kong in Concert, and the Super Street Fighter II Turbo: Blood on the Asphalt really have mega nostalgia for me. The DKC2 one was also awesome as well. 
I cant believe its been that long since its been out. IDK where the time goes but I was in high school when it came out now, ive got three kids. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2021 at 3:38 PM, Hypnotikid said:

But man, Super Cartography Brothers is right up my edm alley. ❤️

HOT. DIGGITY DOG. Thanks to this thread, I actually listened to the whole of SuCaBro. And DJ MIX by Global-Trance is getting loaded to the car stereo. We'll be driving around town with the windows rolled down, thumping around downtown in the minivan -- what's up!

Seriously, this album made my day today. And will probably be there for many more days to come. (Have never been into EDM, and these will probably not be all-time favs, but it is still such good stuff!)

EDIT : recommend converting from VBR to a constant-bit-rate for the car stereo (as for any long-running track, most of you probably know why...)

Edited by Jonathan David Arndt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Add me to the list of people rediscovering SCB because of this thread. I'm almost certain I've actually listened to it before, but it must have not made an impression on me initially for some reason. Anyway it's great, so thanks!

That said, I think Voices of the Lifestream still stands out to me, partially because of the sentimental value, but mostly the overall scope and execution...the whole thing was just on a scale practically unheard of for a fan effort back then. Andy truly deserves massive props in that regard. Although I have to admit I'm still a tiny bit sad "Musica Materia" lost the name contest. 😜 

For me, it's Final Fantasy VI: Balance and Ruin. That one nailed each track and my initial listen had me smiling from ear to ear. It's also the one where I realized how consistent and unified the directors and mixers were able to make a four disc album. None of the songs felt out of place and a bunch even compliment each other. I'm partial to FFVI in general, but it really was an awesome release.

For pure fun, I'm also a fan of Heroes vs. Villains, which is just a party.

• 3 weeks later...