Hollow Knight epic cinematic orchestral rock/metal/electronic album pitch?

Okay, before I do any pitch here, I'd like to direct your attention and maybe some of your time to take a listen to this soundtrack to Serious Sam 4:

I want to focus specifically on how the primary genre is epic cinematic score complete with fanfares, vocals and more and when in battle, it transitions to superb metal/rock/electronic or a mix of all three as needed and the fight version is a variation of the main (slower) theme of the level you just heard. It's a fantastic blueprint and it provides an amazing cohesive whole to the entire soundtrack and I just adore it.

So, now the pitch: I recently played Hollow Knight and I noticed quite a few leitmotifs were repeated in varying fashions - from the major area tunes to when it changes to 'dangerous' to when it changes to a boss variant/version of the same tune. It's pretty seamless how Hollow Knight links it's themes across several tracks and you don't even realize it! So what if we had an album that took the Serious Sam 4 blueprint above and pushed the Hollow Knight soundtrack to epic cinematic score that progresses to outright mayhem and crazy orchestral metal/rock/electronic by the end for each track before ending it out as the remixer(s) desire? Would there be interest in an album for Hollow Knight that has this specific vision in mind?

• 2 weeks later...

I'd probably never be able to produce a track worthy of the album, but if this gets any traction, I happen to have some midis from the game if artists have need: piano transcriptions of the title theme, resting grounds, Troupe Leader Grimm, and Nightmare King Grimm; the Path of Pain; vs the Hollow Knight; vs The Radiance; and the White Palace.

Oh, hot damn...

Well, admittedly, I haven't (yet) played the definitive edition of the game that came out for free on PSN / PS4+ not that long ago, but I have played and listened to the soundtracks of similar-genre'd games in the same vein as Hollow Knight (e.g. the Souls-Borne games, Code: VEIN, Remnant: From the Ashes, Salt & Sanctuary, Blasphemous, Shovel Knight and, ofc, the Game Boy Advance / DS Castlevania games, to name a few I suppose.) So I'd have to play and/or take a further listen into Hollow Knight itself (and, hell, Hades, for that matter), but I'm practically salivating to try my chops at making something towards this album.

I've only really dipped my hands into composing music like...meh, it's about a year anniversary come September, so 10 1/2 months? But I'd want to see this come into fruition either way!

Pitch be damned! It should totes get an album. Games like it are wonderful gems and should have that time in the spotlight, IMO.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, this is currently on backburner since I'm now directing the Final Fantasy 8 album, but we could low key work on this album on the side, but honestly, it'd all come down to general interest. I do have a clear vision on how I'd want the album to be/sound like, but it's ultimately down to the remixers to make it happen. Given the repeating and overlapping themes present in many of the tracks in Hollow Knight, you should be able to easily do the transitional/evolving melody pitch I made in the first post - with Serious Sam 4's OST as a guideline.

Edited by Darkflamewolf

14 hours ago, Darkflamewolf said:

Well, this is currently on backburner since I'm now directing the Final Fantasy 8 album, but we could low key work on this album on the side, but honestly, it'd all come down to general interest. I do have a clear vision on how I'd want the album to be/sound like, but it's ultimately down to the remixers to make it happen. Given the repeating and overlapping themes present in many of the tracks in Hollow Knight, you should be able to easily do the transitional/evolving melody pitch I made in the first post - with Serious Sam 4's OST as a guideline.

Well, I'm still down to try if others are. 

I may be new to the game (of remixing and composing music), but if one doesn't try, it ain't gonna go anywhere... So, why not? :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I could honestly see this sort of album being right up @ZackParrish's alley! ;)

Oh, and Zack brought up a good point on Discord, collaborations are always possible if one person feels that can't do all parts for an idea/track. The current Final Fantasy 8 I'm directing has been a fantastic blend of collabs that have produced phenomenal results.

Edited by Darkflamewolf

• 9 months later...