Sekiro - Guardian Ape Remix

Vidilian

• 3 months later...

Update.

Added a higher to layer synth to lead and increased it's fader level to brighten up the mix. 
Added a low mid layer to bass and other tweaks to it to give it more overtones. 
Eq tweaks to clean up mud without making anything tinny. Tweaks to make drums brighter and punchier

The remix has a nice space to it, I like what you've done with the mixing there. The lead synth for me is a little overused - you might want to mix it up a bit, maybe 2 different styles of lead for the build/chorus. I like the trap style percussion, and the soft bass. Definitely a solid start!

One other thing, I'm picking up some popping in my right headphone at a few points in the track, most notably 0:29 and 0:40 - might wanna check what's causing that.

Thanks for feedback. Couldn't figure out another lead that fit as well for either the build or the chorus so they still share the same one but I've extended the song and changed the lead for new sections. 
The popping was sharp percussive sounds that were part of the abstract soundscape sound used at 0:29 so I used a low pass filter to muffle that aspect of it. 

Added a melody from "Sword Saint Isshin", another song from the game in a new section. Several adjustments to the mix.