Goldeneye "Rocking the Cradle" final mix posted; failed to pass

Sole Signal

I can't comment on instrument levels much at the moment due to me using headphones (not the time of day that I usually do judging!). Excellent drumwork and arrangement, this is really engaging stuff. Production is good, no issues for me there at all. I like how you changed some of the notes so it didn't sound exactly like the bond theme, perhaps if you had made the notes even more different to make it obvious, people wouldn't have identified it as 'wrong'. The only issue here for me is if this will be simply identified as a bond remix, rather than a Goldeneye mix, as everyone has already said.

Perhaps a more liberal interpretation of the bond melody itself (you were already half-way with that), with the bond melody as you had it at 2.33 (for 'recognisability', don't even know if that's a real word!) will give the panel a real original impression of this, which will improve your chances. Apart from that issue, I would have no reservations at all about giving this a yes.

Thanks Samurai, glad you liked it.

The only issue here for me is if this will be simply identified as a bond remix, rather than a Goldeneye mix, as everyone has already said.

Perhaps a more liberal interpretation of the bond melody itself (you were already half-way with that), with the bond melody as you had it at 2.33 (for 'recognisability', don't even know if that's a real word!) will give the panel a real original impression of this, which will improve your chances. Apart from that issue, I would have no reservations at all about giving this a yes.

Thanks for the thoughts, Malcos. Honestly, I'm not real sure what I could do to change it up (or if I'd even want to,) since it all flows together so nicely right now. I suppose I could go in and mangle the bond theme up a little more, but I'm just to the point where I would like to submit it and take my chances. Only thing is, I really don't want to wait a month and a half to be judged and find out that this issue serves as a major hang-up and I have to fit it and wait all over again.

If I could get one or two more judge's thoughts on this?...I may just have to swallow my pride and change the aforementioned sections a bit. :\

I already said thsi last time, but sick drum programming. Did you say you used Kontakt for the wav. editing or something? Can't remember. Got a bad memory =/

Nah, I just use the good ol' Fruity Slicer, which I've found perfectly capable.

As for the track, any more judges thoughts? How long of a wait should I expect if I just submit it and hope? I'd imagine a month and a half or so? Agh I'm so impatient. :P

• 1 month later...

All right, this didn't pass, exactly for the reason that I was worried about: too much bond theme in it.

However, I'm not going to take the time to go back and edit out all the bond parts, so here's the final remastered mix for any that might be interested.

www.silverlinestudios.net/Mp3's/miszou_RockingtheCradle_finalmix.mp3

PS Could a mod change the title of this thread to "Goldeneye "Rocking the Cradle" final mix posted; failed to pass"?

Thanks.