So I've been drawing comics...

Strike911

Okay, so I've been drawing. And a day ago I decided, "DAMN IT! It's time to draw a comic." So I drew up two pages.

I figured I'd might as well post it on the forum. It was really more of an experiment in mixed media than anything else. I'm not really trying to make a full comic or anything, but it was a fun little side project while it lasted.

The jpgs are a little big, so you might need to click the fullsize button if your browser resizes them automatically.

http://strike911.sanctuslegacy.com/page1.jpg

http://strike911.sanctuslegacy.com/page2.jpg

Anyway, the story is mediocre at best, but meh... again, I figured I should post it. I just needed some writing to put everything together. :)

Thanks everybody for the comments. Hehe. :) I appreciate it. I'm going to work harder to get better. I think using an actual brush in PhotoShop instead of just a pixel would help make it look much more artistic. :)

Oh, and a little question: What's the font you're using?

IT's called DigitalStrip, if you google it, I found it on a website, it was just a trial, but it was free for use in personal non-commercial stuff. :)

not that you care. I started drawing a comic in 6th grade threw highschool. I ended up making like 120 pages. It sounds like alot but it only takes an hour to read threw. man...its not good art...but damn fun to do. If i scan each page ill send the link.

Not bad, though you need some work on pacing. On the second page, I would've just drawn out one panel of the gun firing, with the shell ejecting and the top part moving, I don't know the mechanics of a gun but just watch one firing and you'll know what I mean. You don't, and really shouldn't show the initial action, just show the aftermath. It makes it more powerful.

The final two panels I'd condense down into a long one showing the character standing with the gun lowered and smoking. You achieved the same meaning with less drawing and more effect.

Overall it's not too bad. And what are you using for coloring, MS Paint?