Good instrumental Phrases VSTs?

H36T

Hello~, I'm looking at getting some more VSTs for black Friday or christmas and I'm hoping to get ones with pre-made phrases. I actually use a lot of them in my music and I have a good collection but I always want more. Here is some of what I already have. 

Sonuscore Lyrics Vocals, Violin, Ethnic Phrases 

Shevannai

Zero G Ethera EVI

Zero G Ethera Gold

Voice of the Wind Adey

Heavyocity Vocals 1+2

Heavyocity Guitars 1+2

8dio Solo vocals (I think most of them except 1) 

Vandria 1 (I'll buy 2 for Christmas I think!) 

Damage 2

Kontakt acoustic guitar, electric, and drums. 

I have a few more but I'm at work and can't check. As you can see I like them a lot haha. If you have any recommendations I'm gonna be so happy! Thank you 

Edited by HarlemHeat360

On 11/25/2021 at 6:01 AM, Gario said:

Hmm, do you mind if I ask what you mean by pre-made phrases? Despite my experience in the field I've never heard of em', so perhaps I can learn something new. :)

Basically if you press a button, a short phrase (a few measures) of music plays. For example, one of my favorites. 

Here is a song where all the vocals are pre-made and what I simply did was find a key that worked, then spent some time listening and figuring out what would fit. Since I'm a singer myself I kind of sing what I'd think is cool and see if I can find something with that vibe. It's sometimes pretty obvious but a lot of times you just don't have anything that fits well so you are doing a lot of searching or just can't use any. That's why I scoop them up whenever they are on sale. More variety! 

• 3 months later...

"Era II: Vocal Codex" might be really interesting for you.
It contains 4 different and very realistically sampled singer voices (Celtia, Heroica, Bard and Medieval Tenor) with lots of articulations, ornaments, phrases, humming and breath expressions, vocal FX sounds and even some soundscapes which also represent a lot of great sounding medieval instruments.

I really love the 2 female voices - great for epic compositions.
It's definitely one of the best voice sample VSTis I own (I also have Shevannai but I mostly prefer this one for more energetic compositions with more realistic voices):

Here you can get an imagination of the VSTi interface and the presets with the different articulations, phrases etc.:

What might be also good for your purposes could be a voice VSTi with an integrated word builder function with which you can create your own words and phrases exactly in the context you need.

If you don't need this kind of complexity like in the previous East West Hollywood Choirs, voice VSTis with simpler word builder functions like Altus or Cantus might already fit your needs.

Edited by Master Mi

13 hours ago, Master Mi said:

"Era II: Vocal Codex" might be really interesting for you.
It contains 4 different and very realistically sampled singer voices (Celtia, Heroica, Bard and Medieval Tenor) with lots of articulations, ornaments, phrases, humming and breath expressions, vocal FX sounds and even some soundscapes which also represent a lot of great sounding medieval instruments.

I really love the 2 female voices - great for epic compositions.
It's definitely one of the best voice sample VSTis I own (I also have Shevannai but I mostly prefer this one for more energetic compositions with more realistic voices):

Here you can get an imagination of the VSTi interface and the presets with the different articulations, phrases etc.:

What might be also good for your purposes could be a voice VSTi with an integrated word builder function with which you can create your own words and phrases exactly in the context you need.

If you don't need this kind of complexity like in the previous East West Hollywood Choirs, voice VSTis with simpler word builder functions like Altus or Cantus might already fit your needs.

Dude, you are awesome! I'll have to take a deeper look at some of these. Good ol' bestservice is one of the most underrated VST companies in my opinion. Heck, I tend to forget about them myself. Maybe their name is just uhh unfortunate lol.

Ive recently but the bullet on my first word builder type using realivox. I don't really want to get another until I really put that through the ringer but I'll take notes of the one you gave me from bestservice.

I...entirely reject using anything from EastWest honestly. I really abhore their interface and function of their software. I used to have composer cloud during my last year of masters and I canceled after four months. Fantastic deal but I couldn't stand the software. Not having Hollywood Choirs as a choir guy is a bit upsetting but I've supplemented pretty well. Still bruv, you are awesome for taking the time to help little ol' me. Thanks very very much!