Mega Man 3 - Dr Wily stage 3

MartinH

https://youtu.be/7tmfVg5Z1NQ

Recently a dear relative passed away. As I write this the funeral is just a couple of days away, and the mood and feelings in me have begun to adjust for it. I think it's an important thing to know when listening to this remix since music I write is strongly affected by my current feelings, mood and energy.

There is a sad mood and atmosphere over this remix (duh), the original is more distonal and a bit horrifying, but in the first place I wanted to create a more harmonically beautiful piece to keep some distance to the original, the sadness came with my loss.

Almost all melodies in my remix are original compositions which makes this quite unique and almost completely my own. The only thing I actually reused exactly as it is from the original is the tones of the bass, however the chords are totally new.

There is two layers of pluck synths which plays near the chords harmony and kind of never stops, it gives the remix a special atmosphere. The drums is my ordinary drum synth together with a couple of GameBoy drums, straight and clean beat.

I felt like changing the video background after I finished the remix, I thought this is one was a better match to the mood and atmosphere, and it also kind of made me feel better because of the color scheme!