Mega Man 3 - Dr Wily Battle

MartinH

https://youtu.be/3gwEv3T01T4

After watching all Twilight movies during the last week I was emotionally affected, and as usual it affects how my music turns out. As a boss fight this remix might not have that intensity all the time, but it got lots of emotions and state of minds, also lots of parts! 

The part introduced at 0:47 is of hope during hard times/battles (just like I did in the MM3 Boss Battle remix), this however is much inspired by the music of a band called Liquid Tension Experiment (J Petrucci, J Rudess, T Levin and Mike Portnoy) which I've listened to countless hours back in the days. 

The first "break" part at 0:24 have several sources of inspiration, among them the Twilight movies that I recently watched. I wanted to create some sad feeling together with an imagination of a scene where the big boss and the protagonist find themselves equally matched, takes a paus and get into a deep conversation, with a proposal to just lay down their weapons, stop the battle and leave in peace. 

Then at 0:47 they almost comes to an agreement, but big boss just can't accept he couldn't defeat the protagonist and start the battle once again at 1:09. But after just a moment at 1:25 big boss realize this isn't gonna work, they need to come to an agreement or they both will not survive this battle. They talk for a while, and at 1:37 the protagonist is suggesting a pretty good deal they both can accept.

Like a sigh of relief they part ways at 1:48 and hope is the winner of this battle where both sides survive.

I hope you like my take on this theme, thanks for listening and reading!