PRC85: Fantasy Can't Get Much Cuter (Little Samson) [Results]

Rexy

The way I see it, three could very well be a minimum requirement. On top of that, I don't know about a few days - the PRC needs to keep running promptly.

If we start on Sunday (tomorrow), the results will come through by Wednesday, giving the winner 2 days to pick a PRC source tune. So by delaying it even more, they won't have much time to choose.

The mixing stage is over. The voting stage has begun! To cast your vote, you send me a PM and in that PM you rank the mixes from first to fourth. Contestants don't need to place their own work as they automatically get a first place vote. The winner of PRC84 (Sir Nuts) has a vote that counts twice. You have until Wednesday, January 17th at 5AM EST to send your vote to me. The winner gets to choose the source tune for PRC86!

ZIP archive

Another Soundscape - Lair of Kikira

Dragonlord - Tiny Yellow Fish

Manic Cinq - The Happy Punching Bag

Xela - I Can Fly

Will this help to bring more attention, or will only make PRC more obscure? only time will tell. In the meanwhile, at least it'll be easier for us regulars to find the threads.

I see it as a good thing, Señor Molina. This is interlinked within the General Discussion area, so when you view the forums the latest post could be from anywhere, whether it be from community, announcements, here or the Help and Newbies forums. Subforums will work well for a solid reason of separating the general discussion topics and still making them as potent as ever.

On top of that, another great thing is that these competitions will be archived now that we have this place. So if anyone is reading this in the middle of July (or in TO's case, the middle of January), you've just seen how it all works. ;)

Yep, there's 9 hours left if you want to vote. I say go for it if you haven't done so already.

Two more things - though I am a competition leader, I still require mod rights to edit these damn titles to let us know when we're finished and whatnot. That's the only thing I hate about this new forum system.

And on top of that, happy birthday to Another Soundscape :D

To run a competition on a busy schedule is impressive in and of itself hun, especially since both University and PRC are relatively demanding... it's because of that that I'm both astonished and glad to see that it has been more on time now than ever.

I think something I have to continue to do to motivate me to participate in PRC's is enforce strict limitations on myself like I was doing before. That always seems to help.

So ok, let's do it. Here's my next goal:

My next PRC contribution, preferably PRC86, shall be made entirely with a piece of software which is completely foreign to me.

Okay, it's results time :D Again, I wish I had mod priviledges so that I could edit the topic and tell people when it's done. Still, here we are.

Total number of remixes - 4

Total number of votes - 8

Highest possible score - 32

Manic Cinq gets another last place wooden spoon with 13 points.

Xela follows on at third place with 18 points.

Dragonlord managed to settle for second place with 24 points.

And the winners of PRC85 are Another Soundscape & Kholdstare with 28 points!

It's not very often that I see a debut from coming talent succeeding in a PRC like this one, but I salute you two for managing to get this far. Another Soundscape, considering the whole thing was your idea, I would like you to have your source tune ready for this Friday. It can be just about any song you want, as long as it hasn't been covered on OCR before.

And I will like to bring back the news of the return of the Original Remix Competition! The Orichalcon has made a decision to commence with the contest once again, and it will begin with ORC49 this coming Friday. So there we have it - the two sister competitions will once again run side by side. Be there, or be square.

Nice work. I couldn't vote (booo) BUT I did downloaded and listened to all the songs. AS, your song was really nice and I dig it a lot. I didn't like some parts that I considered a bit boring and enjoyed the more wacky stuff, but overall it was a very nice remix and a great entrance to the pretty world of PRC =). I would have voted you first, and Dragonlord second, his song was really nice as well and I loved the variation of the original, but even with that Dragonlord played it safer than AS. Anyways both were great songs, and Xela's and Maniq cinqs as well, hope to see you all next time!.