Rockman 4 - Wet Surface

Ikonik Beats

Evaluation:

Welcome to the forums, and thank you for posting your track for review.

First off I would like to direct your attention to the following link: https://ocremix.org/info/Submission_Standards_and_Instructions

Please review this carefully to understand the submission standards.  One section I would like to emphasize is under section 4:

"Taking the original game audio and simply adding drum loops or using an existing MIDI file and assigning new instruments does not qualify as substantial or original arrangement."

So the original is in the backing here with a new beat and piano added on top.  Consider making it your own track rather than something you're adding to.

With regards to the production; the kick drum is much too loud compared to the rest of the track.  The piano is barely noticeable and is very mechanical with little to no humanization.  When played together with the beat there's even some clipping.

While this would not pass the panel now, you could develop it into something more.  You did chop up the source and changed tempo, that's definitely something you could build upon.  There can always be more Megaman 4 remixes around.

[This is an automatically generated message]

I've reviewed your remix and have returned it to Work-in-Progress status, indicating that I think there are some things you still need to work on. After you work on your track and feel that it's ready for submission to OCR, please change the prefix back to Ready for Review and someone will review it again. Good luck!